Caribou Gear Tarp

Another Exclusive Vangaurd Rifle

Losing_Sanity

Looks like Weatherby came out with a Sportsman's Warehouse exclusive MeatEater Vanguard rifle. Looks like a pretty nice rifle for under $1K. I'm not a fan of the camo pattern, but overall I wouldn't mind having one. I'm not sure what caliber I would get, maybe the 6.5-300 Weatherby Mag. since there's not a 30-06 option. :)

FEATURES INCLUDE:
  • All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
  • Laser Engraved MeatEater Hinged Floorplate
  • Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
  • Graphite Black Cerakote® Fluted Bolt Body
  • One-piece Machined Bolt Body
  • Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
  • Vanguard Recoil Pad
  • 3-Position Safety
  • Integral Recoil Lug
STOCK:
  • Monte Carlo stock features textured forearm and grip areas, right side palm swell
  • Black Base Stock with Gray & Brown Accents
BARREL AND METALWORK:
  • #2 contour, spiral fluted barrel
  • Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
  • Barrel length is 26″ (28″ OAL with additional Accubrake purchase) for magnum chamberings & 24″ (26″ OAL with additional Accubrake purchase) for non-magnum.
  • Tungsten Cerakote® finish on all metalwork for exceptional weather and corrosion resistance.
  • 1/2×28 standard thread with seamless thread protector.
Calibers:
  • 6.5 Creedmoor
  • 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum
  • 7mm Remington Magnum
  • 300 Weatherby Magnum
  • 300 Winchester Magnum
  • 308 Winchester

That spiral fluting is pretty cool looking. The stock just gets a little paint. Other than the Cerakoting it is pretty much a Weatherby Vanguard.

The Randy Newberg rifle is a little bit more accessorized. The HS precision stock is a good upgrade. Then it has the cerakoting and fluting and muzzlebrake.

Both seem like good logical marketing deals and good bargains for quality rifles.

Seekins made the spiral fluted barrel popular. Straight for me. Cool price point rifle tho.

Couple years back we got a great deal on 3 Vanguard S2s at Walmart. Really like them a lot except the stocks. Walnut Monte Carlo style makes a great looking gun however, they are bulky, heavy and don't wear well in the field. We treat our firearms with care but it is near impossible to keep a glossy stock in like-new condition. Shooting off hand is more difficult due to the weight of the stock. The width of the fore stock isn't good for off hand either, too wide. If all one does is shoot off a rest, great, otherwise, not the best configuration.

That spiral fluting is pretty cool looking. The stock just gets a little paint. Other than the Cerakoting it is pretty much a Weatherby Vanguard.

The Randy Newberg rifle is a little bit more accessorized. The HS precision stock is a good upgrade. Then it has the cerakoting and fluting and muzzlebrake.

Both seem like good logical marketing deals and good bargains for quality rifles.

The Randy Newberg Howa is a little more expensive, but for the combo rifle I guess it equals out. They dont offer it in any calibers I'm interested in for a combo rifle, so I dont think I would get one. IMO...

Did I miss the Meateater marketing campaign on this one? I know they've been using Weatherby rifles for a little bit now, but this is the first I've heard of a collab.

Not my cup of tea but I bet they'll sell. Pretty decent feature set and price point for what I perceive is their target audience.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back