Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another Exclusive Vangaurd Rifle

I have never been a huge Christensen Arms guy until I impulse bought a Mesa that was discounted to the point where I couldn't walk away. That being said, it is super nice rifle to shoot, and it shoots well.... The stock is great, triggertech trigger, cerakoted, comes with a brake (if you want to use it), and is about the perfect weight/handling for my preference anyway....I think if you look hard you can find deals on them. I paid quite a bit less than that Meateater vanguard with a plastic stock....

I've had a spiral fluted Brux 6.5 in my safe for 5 years that finally went to the smith a couple of months ago. Now all I'm gonna hear is...cool, just like the meat eater rifle.

mtmuley dares ya to purple cera the flutes.....but I say you got'style/do it

Minimal weight reduction, and if you need barrel cooling while big game hunting well..... mtmuley

But there is some weight reduction and you look cool hunting with it... ;)

Guess I assumed since the rifle in question is for big game. Just took a look at one. Yep, ugly. mtmuley

Wow, Mr. Negativity. Is there one good quality from the whole list of features above that you do like? :ROFLMAO:
I got to admit, the stock pattern could be better.

If people think it's a cool firearm, they'll buy it. Just doesn't appeal to me. Fluted barrels may cool faster, but they seem to heat up faster to me. If it's just about weight, lop a couple inches off or maybe look at a carbon fiber barrel? The ones from Proof claim some pretty substantial weight savings for a comparable profile.

I thought he shot a Carolina Custom (and a Savage before that).
You are correct, he had a LH Carolina Custom, Savage before & after the Carolina Custom, now the crew carry's Weatherby. It's all about marketing and money. Just like for years Shockey carried Nosler rifles and ammunition, but got a better deal with Christiansen Arms, so now he carry's their rifles. It's business. I think Weatherby makes a nice rifle, I'm not a fan of the Meateater rifle's stock, and I think they should have offered the rifle in 30-06, 270 Win & 280AI, but that's just me. Personally if they offered the Vanguard in the 6.5RPM, I would go and get one.

Last edited:
I've had a spiral fluted Brux 6.5 in my safe for 5 years that finally went to the smith a couple of months ago. Now all I'm gonna hear is...cool, just like the meat eater rifle.
You’re a closet fanboy aren’t you? :ROFLMAO:
I know that some don’t like Rinella, but I think that he’s a good representative of the sport, and has done a good job for hunter recruitment, access, and rights. He and Randy are totally different “genres”, but they both do a lot of good for hunting.

You’re a closet fanboy aren’t you? :ROFLMAO:
I know that some don’t like Rinella, but I think that he’s a good representative of the sport, and has done a good job for hunter recruitment, access, and rights. He and Randy are totally different “genres”, but they both do a lot of good for hunting.

I'm definitely a fan of Meat Eater, friends with several of them, and love what they are doing for hunting and angling. We need strong ambassadors.

I'm definitely a fan of Meat Eater, friends with several of them, and love what they are doing for hunting and angling. We need strong ambassadors.
Agreed! I don’t understand the hate for guys who do a lot for the sport like Rinella does. I’ve never met the guy personally but I appreciate his contribution to hunting and the outdoors in general.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back