Yeti GOBOX Collection

Another day in Great Falls MT

Slight breeze, betcha the kite flying was pretty extreme.

That’s one hell of a tumbleweed in the video.

It was about as windy as I’ve seen it here in the Madison Valley. There was a dust storm blowing across the flats at one point.

I think our peak gust here was 74mph. I watched two trees come down onto houses cross the street.

One of my daughter’s friends heard a tree come down and went out to see what happened. Their neighbor was in her car and died shortly after from her injuries. While they were trying to help free her, another tree came down and crushed the middle of their house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ski area here hit 122. But at the house it was about half a normal spring day, so pretty breezy.

I think our peak gust here was 74mph. I watched two trees come down onto houses cross the street.

One of my daughter’s friends heard a tree come down and went out to see what happened. Their neighbor was in her car and died shortly after from her injuries. While they were trying to help free her, another tree came down and crushed the middle of their house.
Good grief. That’s awful

Good ole Wyoming won't be left out of this conversation.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1610630190582.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610630190582.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 27
We were without power from 7am to 4pm in town and still is out in parts. A ton of big trees down around town. None at our house, and no major damage in our neighborhood. Tree at our rental property hit the neighbors (a church) fence, no buildings nearby. Another another tree leaning.

IMG_20210113_181717.jpg

IMG_20210113_181719.jpg

Ya, very windy even for Livingston. Some people that lost not only shingles but entire roofs.

We live on a bench,,,so wind is normal in the winter,,,,,,,but yesterday was awful.

I looked outside and noticed the gate on the cyclone fence was open. The fitting holding the lock, twisted around the post until it let loose. I fixed it and was amazed how much force the wind exerted against gate.

We lost power for three hours or so. I can't imagine how difficult it was for linemen to restore power in those conditions.

Winds were wild all night here, chit was flying everywhere. Still windy as hell this morning but not as bad as last night.

Snow drifts were pretty bad this morning.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back