another airline question

mixedbag

you think I can get away with my eberlestock pack as my carry on?Trying to decide if I really need to ship any gear.Pretty sure I always see people with huge carry ones.I;ll be flying with Alaska airlines

so carry up to gate and give it to them instead of using overhead.Think it will fit in overhead.I just wont be making many friends,lol

I don't think you will have any problem with Alaskan. They know who their passengers are and they know we need gear if we are going hunting and fishing. As said above, if it won't fit in the overhead, gate check it. I will be using my Stone Glacier Approach as a carry on with Alaskan Airlines in September.

I've used my Eberlestock multiple times as a carry on while flying AK Air in Alaska. I usually had it stuffed pretty full so I didn't try cramming it into the overhead bins. Just checked it at the gate and picked it up upon unboarding the plane.

so carry up to gate and give it to them instead of using overhead.Think it will fit in overhead.I just wont be making many friends,lol

If there is room, go overhead. If not, and the gate attendants make mention of a full flight over the intercom go up to the counter and ask, "would it help OH space if you checked this" they'll likely be happy to do it.

Some planes, particular the turbo props have a la carte service where you put your bag on a cart while on the tarmac walking out to the plane, when you land you'll wait on the tarmac for them to bring those bags back. You'll put a green tag on it. In this case you aren't checking your bag, but due to size constraints they put it with the check bags.

I carry my badlands pack on every trip it is 2800 cu in never had any issue what so ever always stuffs easily into overhead. I usually carry my expensive/heavy items in it to save weight and also care for it better than getting thrown around under the plane.

I always pack optics (binocs, spotting scope), gps etc in pack and carry on.

No worries that way of it being lost, stolen or broken

I usually carry on a 2300ci Osprey day pack, no issues so far, but I also try not to stuff it too full, since by the book it isn't the appropriate carry-on size.

I carry my badlands pack on every trip it is 2800 cu in never had any issue what so ever always stuffs easily into overhead. I usually carry my expensive/heavy items in it to save weight and also care for it better than getting thrown around under the plane.

I do exactly the same with the same bag about twice per year. (you probably remember the bag).
You should do just fine.
A tougher question is can you fit a whole moose in that pack??
Good luck, send lots of pics!!

thanks Nick.Its going on board we me then and I wont have to ship anything.ThinkI'll gate check it though
prince of wales next august Nick???We have some deer to beat upon out there yet.They won round one.Hope I do better with a moose

I would gate check it and when boarding be one of the last to board. Your bag should come off quicker and you'll be on your way.

Mixedbag I was thinking the same thing about the new pack i am buying ,which is much bigger than the pack i used to bring on board.so when i booked this flight to wyo. i checked carry on info and both carry ons have to be under a specific size . don't know what they are at this time.since each checked baggage cost extra i will make sure i can carry on as much as possible.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back