Yeti GOBOX Collection

Annual Anter Auction A Success

Elkhunter

The Annual Boy Scouts Antler Auction was a huge success once again this year, bringing in over 72 thousand dollars to benefit the elk on the refuge, and the Scouts themselves. One hundred sixty-six bidders from 31 states and one foreign country took home over 7 thousand pounds of elk antlers. The largest buyer spent nearly 15 thousand dollars. The highest price pair of antlers went for $58.00 a pound, bringing in almost 14 hundred dollars. The average price per pound this year was $10.42. Most of the money raised at the antler auction each years goes back into the elk refuge, while a percentage goes to the local Boy Scouts, who are responsible for gathering the antlers each year, and who help organize the sale, and display the antlers for bidding.

Thats a lot of horn...

Thanks Bill...

I am sure glad the community looks after your scouts, it is a great organization...

The town is looking for something like $80k to replace the arches this year. I am sure that the scouts will have a lot to do with it.

Here is the one that was in the weekly paper.

antleraution.jpg

Now that would be cool to have hanging on the wall, but at the price per pound those bad boys would fetch, I think I can wait... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back