Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

American Guns cancelled

Not saying I have the answers, and it may not apply in this case, or every case, but we need to take a serious look at how mental illness is addressed in this country. As SS said above, in the past we played violent games, "shooting" other kids with cap guns, rubber band guns (ouch!), etc. We were getting EXERCISE, and working out our energy, and there was not nearly the prevalence of ADD, ADHD and whatever other acronym "professionals" come up with to label kids who have excess energy. Now gym class, if offered at all, is usually only a couple days per week. Playing outside has been replaced with video games and the internet. Kids who would be fine with time to actively work out their energy are given narcotics and mood-altering drugs. Couple these relatively recent developments with the breakdown of the family structure, and there is a recipe for problems.

There is enough blame to go around on this issue. There need to be better controls, limiting access to firearms, for those with mental illness. Medication of kids needs to be addressed. Certainly there are instances where medication is necessary. However in many cases medication is the first thing tried, when non-mood-altering methods would be more appropriate. Violent video games are not, in and of themselves, to blame for this, but we need to look at the interaction between these alternate-reality games, with a young (or not-so-young) mind which is altered by prescription meds.

Banning high capacity magazines, certain types of "scarry looking" firearms, and TV shows which are more about eye-candy (guns and otherwise) are not going to do a thing to address the problems.

When we shot our friends with cap guns their heads didn't explode. The end result is what they are after. There have been mental health professionals testify in front of congress explaining the movie/video game connection. It's why witnesses heard the nutjobs in Columbine talking about how the shotgun made a kids head explode and most ikely why there was a victim in Newtown with 11 bullet holes. When we were kids we were programmed to fall down when we were "shot" that doesnt cut it these days.

I'm awaiting the South Park episode on banning firearms, cap guns, video games, TV shows, prozac, and everything else evil and unnecessary these days.

Anybody see the episode where they banned cats? Now that made sense.

Bozeman Comical headlines today are on Obama appointing a gun control "task force"..

Letter to the editor titled.. "Stop gun violence, ban assault-style weapons" First sentence, "This is not about taking away your right to own a shotgun to hunt elk..."

Meanwhile, every 6-fingered hillbilly is standing in line to buy a few AK-47s.

Bozeman Comical headlines today are on Obama appointing a gun control "task force"..

Letter to the editor titled.. "Stop gun violence, ban assault-style weapons" First sentence, "This is not about taking away your right to own a shotgun to hunt elk..."

Meanwhile, every 6-fingered hillbilly is standing in line to buy a few AK-47s.

The state of affairs in America ...........................

Priscilla Ford used a car to kill 19 people on Thanksgiving Day, have we outlawed the sales of cars. Manson's gang used knives to brutally slay their victims, did we outlaw the sales of knives?
Just another form of governmental control leveraged by the mentally ill that commit these crimes.

I'm awaiting the South Park episode on banning firearms, cap guns, video games, TV shows, prozac, and everything else evil and unnecessary these days.

Anybody see the episode where they banned cats? Now that made sense.

im waiting for them to banne south park,now that will be a day to remember.:hump:

I have an AK47 and I don't have 6 fingers...lol

Just for the record, I have no assault weapons, or semi auto handguns.:D Nope, sold em all. To who? The mexican drug cartel. The president has taught me that if I do that I dont have to talk about it afterwards, even if those guns are used in mass shootings and killing of border patrol agents.:eek:
Even if there is a hearing and Eric Holder is a holdout!
But really.... I did not sell them to the drug cartel, figured I better say I didn't just in case.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back