Amazon banners

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Now that Holiday shopping season is upon us, you will have to tolerate the Amazon ads in the upper right and the lower right of this website. No other ads will be rotating in those two ad spots for the next month.

Here's why.

Amazon is our best paying affiliate for commissions on product purchased by people clicking those links. And, some of you are pretty consistent in your use of those links for purchasing products. I thank you for that.

This sounds like begging, so it won't come across very good. But, if any you (or your family) are buying from Amazon this Holiday season (or anytime) and you would be inclined to enter the Amazon store by clicking either of these Amazon links, we get a commission on any purchases you make. It is a great help for us. Thanks in advance for any who are inclined to do so.

Amazon.png

Yeah, now that I read it, that is getting pretty close to begging. Hopefully you will grant me one pardon for such a blatant request on our behalf.

Thanks to all. Merry Christmas.

Randy, is it limited to outdoor gear or anything from Amazon so long as we go through the banner.

Also, do we have to add items to our cart through the link? For example, my wife puts items in "our" cart she thinks we should buy. I usually go in at a later date and make the purchases. So if I go through the link, straight to my cart and buy does it still work for the commission.

Otherwise, I may need to get her an account here. ;)

Randy, is it limited to outdoor gear or anything from Amazon so long as we go through the banner.

Also, do we have to add items to our cart through the link? For example, my wife puts items in "our" cart she thinks we should buy. I usually go in at a later date and make the purchases. So if I go through the link, straight to my cart and buy does it still work for the commission.

Otherwise, I may need to get her an account here. ;)

It applies to anything purchased after clicking on this link, not just outdoor gear. If it is something that is already in your cart we do not get credit for it.

Not begging at all, will try to remember to use the link from now on.

I'll have to let my wife know, she uses Amazon a lot.

I was unaware they tracked that kind of thing or Hunt Talk gained anything from it.. I'll be sure my wife uses the link from now on. I'll second what Randy and Ben said, this site feels like a community, willing to do anything to help this community.

Last edited:
Here's a tip that may help some folks who use Amazon often and want to see Hunt Talk get a piece of the action. If you have Amazon book marked in your browser, delete that link. Click on the Amazon banner on the Hunt Talk page and make that your new Amazon book mark. That way you don't have to consciously think to navigate to Amazon through the Hunt Talk page when you want to do your online shopping, and HT still gets its cut.

An interesting side note. Last week I was talking to a long time FedEx driver. He told me over half the boxes in his truck on a daily basis are shipments from Amazon. Given the volume of business Amazon does these days, using the link on the HT page will definitely make a difference.

We are Amazon fiends. I will tell my wife and we'll try to make this a habit. Definitely doesn't come across as begging. I am happy to learn of a way to help out Hunttalk!

Thanks Kaitum, I just did that. Bookmark is now throught that link.

I wouldnt consider this begging at all. This is really no inconvenience to us and helps out the site. Win, win.

Begging is what my kids and I do when we want to go to the Dairy Queen. Inconvience is when the Dairy Queen is 5 miles out of your way and you are already late. ;)

I just told Jenn. She said" I buy from Amazon all the time" She will now direct all here shopping through the Hunttalk banner. Going to have her do what Kaitum said.

Just as well give someone a little kickback for moderating this Nursery :D

I've been trying to go through the link as much as I can for the last year or so, but forget now and then. Good reminder! I'm happy to do it.

I make hundreds of purchases a year on Amazon for my business I'll start using the link going forward. I had no idea advertisement links worked that way...

Kaitum,
Thanks for the tip on the bookmark idea. I've done that and it seems to work as intended.

Here's a tip that may help some folks who use Amazon often and want to see Hunt Talk get a piece of the action. If you have Amazon book marked in your browser, delete that link. Click on the Amazon banner on the Hunt Talk page and make that your new Amazon book mark. That way you don't have to consciously think to navigate to Amazon through the Hunt Talk page when you want to do your online shopping, and HT still gets its cut.

An interesting side note. Last week I was talking to a long time FedEx driver. He told me over half the boxes in his truck on a daily basis are shipments from Amazon. Given the volume of business Amazon does these days, using the link on the HT page will definitely make a difference.

Thanks for that. I use the Hunttalk banner 75% of the time but sometimes forget. This makes it foolproof!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back