Alpz packs

westernhunter98

has any one used alpz traverse pack I just bought it and I think it is a awesome pack for how much it cost? just looking for more info on it.

I have and use the Alpz Commader bag and freighter frame....whole setup only cost me $60 brand new and I love it.

My son bought an Alps frame pack. The cheap price was the draw. It served him well for 2 seasons.

You get what you pay for. It'll do for a season or two for moderate use.

Here is the warranty. I bought my pack directly from the company through a field testing program and they were great to work with. Actual people in MO ( i think answered the phone) and were accomodating to the fullest. The only thing I don't like (and changed myself) were the rings on the clevis pins. They were flimsy wire that snagged the first time out so I swapped some small key rings for them and all is golden :)

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/alps/warranty

My son's pack use was the normal wear and tear, not covered under warranty.

If you must have a pack now, the pack will do.

If you can, save up and get a better quality one that will last.

My son's pack use was the normal wear and tear, not covered under warranty.

If you must have a pack now, the pack will do.

If you can, save up and get a better quality one that will last.
This! I know the money I spent on a higher end pack 10 years ago really stretched our budget at the time. Still the only pack I have and it works great.

I read dozens of reviews today on this pack and the reviews were great. It even got high marks for durability. I guess only time will tell.

I bought a Traverse EPS for a backpack hunt. I figure for $100 I can give it to a Boy Scout if it doesn't work out. Last year I was looking for a cheap pack for a week long hike with the Boy Scouts and bought an Alps Outdoors pack and tent. I had a really good experience with both. I was amazed at how comfortable my 45 lb pack was during that week.

I have the Traverse EPS ($110 shipped on Amazon). Packed a bear out with it the other night. Easily the best value in packs. You can't get anything even close to that price that's worth a damn.

I haven't had it that long, so we will see how durable it is in a few years. But it sure was comfortable with 70 pounds in it. I compared it side by side with my buddies Tenzing 6000 ($399), the difference was negligable. Ya, the Tenzing has maybe $100 worth of extra cool features on it, but for 4x the price I don't think so. If it's in the budget, the high end packs are great no doubt and are more durable.

But for $100 you can not beat the Alps Traverse EPS, no where no how.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back