PEAX Equipment

Alaska bound

mixedbag

Drew my moose tag in Alaska.Time to pay off transporter now and finalize my dates and see if I can still squeeze in a elk or muley trip afterwards.Alaska moose has been my dream hunt since I started hunting at 14,and now 30+ years later I'm doing it.Third year in a row going to Ak and I'm getting serious elk withdraws,but for a moose I can lose one more year if I have to
Goodluck in your draws.Ak was good to me

Wow! Moose is something I can only hunt in my dreams.
Congrats and take lots of pics.

Just hoping I don't have a trip like crittergetter.Lot of planning to do the hunt,but the price isn't too bad.Been my toughest trip to find a partner for.Its taken 5 years to finally get it done.Place we are hunting is known for some big bulls so I'll have my fingers crossed

Congrats Scott! Checking flights the past few days for my caribou hunt with 40 Mile, would have loved to chase moose again but want to squeeze in a trip to Cali to see my girl on the way home. My trip is about 6 months and 1 week out, time sure flies once you pass 30. :)

Mike, whats the name of the cot you have?I've asked a hundred times but never wrote it down and I need one.I tried to explain its a packable cot to the guy I buy my stuff from but he had no idea.Looks like my dates will be from the 12th to the 26th.Its a lake hunt but has very high success rate on big bulls
If you ever need a partner for the any bull area,I'd go.That way we could caribou hunt if needed.Good luck on your hunt.Our caribou trip was a lot of fun for me.If I go again I'll have a small fishing rod along

Mike, whats the name of the cot you have?I've asked a hundred times but never wrote it down and I need one.I tried to explain its a packable cot to the guy I buy my stuff from but he had no idea.Looks like my dates will be from the 12th to the 26th.Its a lake hunt but has very high success rate on big bulls
If you ever need a partner for the any bull area,I'd go.That way we could caribou hunt if needed.Good luck on your hunt.Our caribou trip was a lot of fun for me.If I go again I'll have a small fishing rod along

It's a LuxuryLite Ultralite Cot, weighs about 2.5 pounds and makes sleeping on bumpy ground a thing of the past! Just makes sure to set it up on level ground, easy to slide to the bottom if not level.

I'm with you on the fishing rod! Wouldn't have worked this year, we were a few miles from any streams with fish in them, but you and I could have had a blast fishing in the creek next to our camp.

Thanks Mike!!!I was so jealous of your sleeping set up that I have to steal the idea.You going to check and see if your camping streamside this year??The fishing would have been great I bet

Thanks Mike!!!I was so jealous of your sleeping set up that I have to steal the idea.You going to check and see if your camping streamside this year??The fishing would have been great I bet

We won't know where we're camping until the fly-in day, but I'll take a small spinning rod just in case - we'll have plenty of room in terms of weight.

It would have been great fishing in our camp...I'm just glad I wasn't streamside when the grizzly came roaring past camp after dinner the first night! That would have been a close call, he was only about 10 yards from the bank. :) Here's a pic to jog your memory:

Grizzly.jpg

Yeah Mike, I remember him showing up for any leftover steak.Glad he realized he was an uninvited guest when we pointed guns at him.
Donk, I did notice that yesterday,but thanks!

Congrats, I am planning a 2016 hunt, I don't need to know your unit but I am just looking for a little feedback.
1.) did you go with an outfitter like 40 mile air to fly you in and doing a ridge top or float trip or are you doing a complete OYO style hunt.

2.) What is the main city you are flying into, right now I have decided on Fairbanks but I am open to hear where and why in regards to your location.

3.) What style of hunt are you doing?

4.) Did you go with a draw unit or a general unit?

Congrats again.

I am trying to do a completely OYO hunt, flying into Fairbanks. I have most of the logistics worked out but have one more big obstacle to overcome yet which is finding a jet boat to rent. I have a few different ideas to make this happen but am open to ideas on how you worked through your planning.

total oyo hunt.Was going to go with 40 mile but got some good imfo from a fellow hunter.We will be doing a lake hunt that's been very productive in the past.The lake is in a draw unit that's accessible by floatplane only.I fly to Fairbanks first then a jumper flight to meet my float plane pilot.The logistics are crazy to work out so extra days are needed for all that on each end of trip.Going with 40 mile would have been way easier but I think my success will be better

Best of luck Scott! Hope you shoot a monster. Good huntin'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back