Alabama BHA Chapter

Sapper.dawg

Fellow Hunt Talkers,

I am in the initial stages of forming an Alabama state chapter of the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and am working to get the work out across as many platforms as possible. I know there are a few AL members of the HT community, and I am hoping this will get some looks from them.

In talking with Ty at BHA, we need 30-50 members in AL to gain status as an official chapter, and are somewhere around 10 with another 5-10 committed to join. So, if you are interested or know someone that is interested, please PM me here, or email to [email protected], and I will add you to our mailing list.

With the $15 membership drive special going right now, there is really no reason not to join.

For those of you wondering what good a BHA chapter could do in AL, here is a bit of what we have here:

In north AL alone we have two designated wilderness areas along with two large NFs (the Talladega and Bankhead) and a very large WMA in the north east portion of the state. Couple that with approximately 200K acres of TVA land (open permit public land) that runs along either side of the TN River, and north AL is an anomaly in the Southern states from a public access perspective.

The TVA land is most impressive, as it is supposed to be true wild lands, walk in only. However, since TVA disbanded the police force, there is really no one group looking out for this land, and you can imagine what happens as a result. Additionally, some sections are completely landlocked by private, making them completely inaccessible.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested,

Jeff

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back