Air Miles on Credit cards...

Moosie

Grand poopa
Does anyone else take advantage of Air miles on Credit cards ? I just got an E-Statement in a few weeks ago and just looked at it. I have 100K+ miles. I think I can Go to Africa with that many.. I should bring that up to the wife !!! :)

Africa / Middle East / India Awards

British Airways

Class of Service Award Level Coach 100,000

Mexico Awards

All awards are based on one round-trip ticket between the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air

15,000 Peakyour Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Award reservation. Class of ServiceAward Level50% Discount
up to $250(USD)
Coach
30,000 Saver
60,000 Peak

Monthly statement summary for:OSCAR T. WILLIAMSON,
Member #######
spacer.gif

Statement Period: Dec. 8, 2005 - Jan. 7, 2006
Previous Balance: 105,396
Miles Earned This Statement: 7,050
Miles Redeemed This Statement: 0
Current Balance: 112,446

We use the one card to buy all our food, gas, etc. Buy it during the month, Pay it off months end, and at the end of the year you have a Reciept for dang near everything you bought for tax's. It's kind of cool to get to fly somewere for free for just buying things you have to buy anyways !!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else used Alaskaair Miles or DeltaMiles or Cabela's rewards or if there was any other cool offers on Credit cards out there that are better ?!?!?

Moosie, what card do you use, and how does it work? I'm thinking about switching to a 'miles' card.

Right now I have a Bass Pro rewards card. Pretty much 1% of anything outside the store, 2% of instore/catalog purchase, and then 4% on thier products.

I've used my points to get a couple scopes, a range finder, and a new bow. I've now come to the conclusion that I really dont' need anymore junk, and would rather have a card that I can get a free ticket on once in a while.

I think your Africa idea is a good one. Those tickets run anywhere from $1500 and up... and if you had that part paid for the hunting would be a lot cheaper... or you could hunt a couple more animals, stay a few days longer etc. for the same out of pocket money.

I buy a lot of supplies for our shop and have the Alaska Airlines visa card. My buddy and I are flying first class to Dillingham in june to fish the Nushagak. Total cost for airfare with my partner fare for signing for the card and extra mileage is $236 each!!

I don't go any where I can't drive to (unless my wife says were flying). That leaves AFRICA, the MIDDLE EAST, HIAWII, and a lot of other foreign places off the list.

I use a Delta card to build miles for a (hopefully) trip to South Africa. I sure would not want to fly coach on South African Airlines for 15-18 hours, though! If I go, it'll be business class or first class.....

I use my Alaska Airlines card. Last fall's trip to Kodiak was $10. NIIICCCCEEE.

NNNNIIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEE!!!

FUC# MILLER!!!!!

We have a Delta card, but haven't saved for any big flights. We usually end up using them for going home (IN).

I use a United Airlines Mileage Plus card. I have flown to Anchorage and my wife and I have flown to Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and to Florida Keys. My wife and my daughter flew to Connecticut also. We have 88K+ points now. My wife will use some to fly to Hawaii next Spring and I will use some to fly to Anchorage again.

There are some guidelines that I put in-place for myself, to make sure that I don't fall into the trap that they hope we will fall into.

I pay off everything every month and never carry over a balance. So I never pay interest.

I never buy anything with my credit card that I wasn't going to buy already. So I don't run up big bills.

I use my credit card to pay for everything that I can; utilities, tuition, groceries, gas, clothes, etc. So the points add up and I fly for free.

But there are some times that there are no "super saver" seats available even though they say there are no blackout dates. There are no "super saver" seats available from Colorado to Hawaii in June. So instead of using 25,000 points one would have to use 60,00 points to get a seat. But she can fly in May or July for 25,000.

Moosie, what card do you use, and how does it work? I'm thinking about switching to a 'miles' card.

www.alaskaair.com
go to mileage plan puilldown and then Alaska Air visa or something like that. I think you get bonus miles for signing up ? miles each year ? I signed up for Long distance mile but I only/mostly use my Cell phone so thts only a couple points each month.

It's a simple proccess, Each mile you spend you get one point. An Average month We'll spend 1.5-2k so in 12 months that 24,000 miles. Some months like Christmas I go over and I also buy Computers and other stuff for work and go over so It adds up fast.

I'm with KC in tht I like to always pay it off.... Although his coment was "always pay it off", mine is "Usually pay it off" :eek:

Thanx for the Input, It looks like alot of others take advantage of things too, Thats Awesome !!

Yea sure they are free... I guess that your card charges 0% interest, or you are just dumb enough to think that your getting them for free.

I use a midwest airlines card. I am thinking of changing to a differemt card because Midwest will not fly to MT, or WY on the miles. Its great for CO though.

Canoe said:
Yea sure they are free... I guess that your card charges 0% interest, or you are just dumb enough to think that your getting them for free.

If you were paying attention Canoe, you would see that if you pay off your credit card purchases every month there is no interest.

Go brainstorm elsewhere while the rest of us "dumb" folks aquire miles. :rolleyes:

Yea, I was waiting for someone to say that they paid their card off every month. That's what everyone that uses those stupid cards say.

Sure that's why the companies are in busines, to give away free plane tickets to everyone and not make any money in return.

Nice try dork, you pay interest just like everyone else who flashes their plastic at the drop of a hat!

I have Alaska Air Visa card.

The logic in using it and paying it off every month is sound....but I'm kinda gun shy about credit as I'm not the most self disciplined at paying it off. Been in debt up to my waist and have to say I enjoy having vehicle titles and seeing card balances at zero (but I also drive an old vehicle).

I use the card for PLANNED larger purchases such as vehicles, tires, online purchases. I'm too much of a sucker to use it for food, gas, etc.

I know one person who charges around five grand a month and pays it off every month. Me and I don't pay any interest therefore my tickets are free. Dork.

Canoe, you must be someone who cannot afford to use or pay off a credit card each month or you wouldnt be all over Miller like that.
I happen to be one of them who pays off my card EVERY MONTH. In fact i have auto payment out of my checking account. I run my utilities and cable, cell phone, through my card just to get almost 2 free tickets a year out of them. And guess what, i dont pay intrest..

Canoe said:
Sure that's why the companies are in busines, to give away free plane tickets to everyone and not make any money in return.

Nice try dork, you pay interest just like everyone else who flashes their plastic at the drop of a hat!

You are correct Canoe, CC companies contine to make money off interest. No disagreement here. Would you agree, folks that do pay off their card every month and aquire miles aren't exactly "suckers"?

The "dork".....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back