Ahhhhh the off season.

So if I start conditioning in mid August, do you think that’ll allow me enough time to get in shape for archery elk? #KeepHammering

#mountainhouserules
giphy.gif

On the plus side, I took two cheap rifles out on Saturday and shot lights out with both of them. That was a new experience for me lol.

One was a Rem. 783 in 308 with a new scope the needed sighting in and the other a Youth model (for the wife and kids, eventually, lol) Savage Axis XP in 243 that I bought on Black Friday at Bass Pro that also needed sighting in. After getting the scopes sighted in I was punching 5 - 8 holes within a +/- 1 inch circle with both of them at 100 yards (with the occasional 2 inch flier from me lol). Couldn't have been happier since the 243 was a $200 rifle/scope package and the 308 cost me $150 plus a new, <$200 scope. Both were shooting factory ammo.

Found out that some Sheels locations have mystery ranch metcalfs for $350. It's the guidelite frame, not the new generation, but it's still a Metcalf. I've been using a $40 Coleman prototype for everything these past 15 years, but I think it's finally given it up and I needed a replacement. I'm looking at upgrading my worn out hiking boots, too.

This is gonna be one expensive off-season...

I'd really appreciate some insight on these topics from Stay Sharp, haven't heard from him lately. :unsure:

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back