Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worthless opinion shared against my better judgement.

I supported going into Afghanistan not Iraq. We stayed to long. Glad we're finally getting out.

It was silly of anyone to think we could actually change that region or the people in it. Russia could'nt do it when they turned lose the dogs of war how the hell did we think we could with our modern day sensitivities? Honestly I would much preferred that we would have gone in there and leveled anyone that stood in our way, did what we could to degrade AQ's ability to operate and then left being preparred to go back if the Afghan people continued to let terrorists train in their territory. Of course everyday Americans don't want to see that on TV and more importantly it doesn't generate enough money.

Blame for the entire debacle lays at all 4 Presidents feet. In my opinion the first 3 didn't have the stones to buck the Military Industrial Complex and take the heat for the mess we're seeing now. I don't know why Biden actually did it and I'm suspicious about what comes next but I'm glad we're out. Those making political hey out of this make me want to puke.

The cynic in me won't let me leave without saying the exit was always going to be a cluster but I believe it's been made worse on purpose by those that didn't want to leave. Just follow the money. Most of what was spent over there has come back here.

I thank all those that serve or have served this country. I only wish the American people could find a way to elect leaders worthy of your service.

There are way to many unknowns to state this was a disaster withdrawal. I understand it certainly looks like it was but I don't have all the information to know if good or bad decisions were made, or if it would have made any difference in the end. It looks bad for sure but so fare violence is minimal during the withdrawal, Taliban is allowing Americans to leave, no widespread civil war yet.
I’ll give you the information. This occurred during peak fighting season and we just armed international terrorist for the next twenty years. Yes, this was a disaster.

Also, allies are going out into the city and extracting their citizens while we are waiting four Americans to get through the Taliban to the airport.

This really adds a lot of intellectual depth to this thread.
And what, exactly, does intellectual depth have to do with Americans stranded in Taliban territory? Allies are going out into the city and rescuing their citizens while we wait for our citizens to run the Taliban gauntlet. Forget intellectual, let’s save our people.

He killed bin laden. I’ll go with his plan. Warrior, not a hand wringer.

You have no idea what is happening on the ground. Neither does Fox News or O'Neill. What you posted is just some retired SEAL trying to get a few more twitter followers.

Here is a hint, had we not sent 7000k troops back in, the Brits, French, and Germans wouldn't have had anywhere to land...

I don't think anyone is arguing that this was handled very gracefully, but real goddamned operators are on the ground actually doing something. This rhetoric is childish....

And what, exactly, does intellectual depth have to do with Americans stranded in Taliban territory? Allies are going out into the city and rescuing their citizens while we wait for our citizens to run the Taliban gauntlet. Forget intellectual, let’s save our people.

Why do you think we aren't? Because our guys haven't been posting it on Twitter?

Off topic but anyone been watching flightradar24 or other air traffic sites? US military aircraft don't usually show up but there has been for the last few days. There always seems to be one or two USAF planes in and out of Kabul. I've also noticed the Hungarian, Italian, and Turkish AF coming in and out of there.

Why do you think we aren't? Because our guys haven't been posting it on Twitter?
We hear and read about other countries getting their people out. We don’t hear that from Americans. Word will trickle out if operators are getting them.
We haven’t launched a flight out in 8 hours. Don’t be fooled.

Off topic but anyone been watching flightradar24 or other air traffic sites? US military aircraft don't usually show up but there has been for the last few days. There always seems to be one or two USAF planes in and out of Kabul. I've also noticed the Hungarian, Italian, and Turkish AF coming in and out of there.
We’ve had some C17s go over and back so far.

The fact that the Afghan was not willing to fight for their own country tells you all you need to know. Now the Taliban has all the equipment, arms and ammunition that was left for the Afghan army. :(
How much longer should the U.S. have stayed? How many more American lives lost for a country where they will not fight fir themselves?
Those of you blaming President Biden can rest assured the same thing would have happened were the orange menace still in office as he said he would pull our troops out last May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back