Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Advice on Wyoming unit?

Gimphunter

I know the answer would be <loock it up > but here's the deal. We have been drawing for trophy unit but no go we all have six points each and we are looking for a good unit that is a little easier to draw.We don't want to waist our points on a easy to draw unit either,you know what i mean? If anyone out there could help with some advice we would appreciate it.

We just want to go hunt!!
Thanx

Very nice first post...
You could look at Eastmans' MRS section and see which units can be drawn with the given points, success rate, public land %, walk-in acres, what they consider to be trophy units, etc.

Thanx for the friendly welcome and the advice guys.

We did hunt unit 132 early before but we have been putting in for 102 but thats a hard one. We are not realy to picky if there is some good bucks there were game.The only down fall to some areas<heavy hiking walk ins> is that I need roads or quad trails because I have MS and i cant walk very good anymore, not like i used to. But good bucks don't come easy right? I can still crawl.

Morning guys ...I looked up some percentages, 89 has 50% with 5 pts , 87 is100% 4pts still lookin, we have till 15th to get in so i have a little work to do. Still looking at 105,125 also but I thank you all for the help

All those areas can produce some big bucks, don't overlook the yellow chip areas though.
The rougher the country the better I always say. "Lots of roads equals lack of toads"

I would even look at area one nineteen or thirty seven.

Last edited:
I wish i could do the rough stuff still, but i cant do the old go in deep 4-5 day stuff anymore It's only doable if sombody has a helo ride for me or a horse.

I just talked to Al at WFG and he said that our best bet on drawing a quality unit whith our points is 34 <no problem> and it has better access for a gimp like me,and we have a good chance at 87 if we pay for the premium license. He said that both have good bucks but 87 has better bucks and my gut sais 87 also, But it will be harder for me getting around , but you know it can happen any where any time.

Last edited:
Good luck in the draw! The reward is often greater as more effort is required. If so, you will have a memorable hunt ahead of you. Hope you find some shooters.

I think the Game and Fish guy had a good idea with recommending 34 for you. Lots of BLM = lots of roads, and probably less pressure considering it is limited draw. With that many roads you likely will not find a 190, but a 160+ is probably doable without a ton of walking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back