Yeti GOBOX Collection

Advice on reloads and or factory ammo for my soon to be new rifle the NEW Savage Model 110 Long Range Hunter in .300 WSM?

4350 tends to work well for lighter bullets, RL 22 for heavier. If neither of those give satisfactory results try RL 17.
The only ELDX factory loads I’ve seen are 200 gr.
If you arent shooting a lot, get a premium factory load it likes and roll with it.

4350 tends to work well for lighter bullets, RL 22 for heavier. If neither of those give satisfactory results try RL 17.
The only ELDX factory loads I’ve seen are 200 gr.
If you arent shooting a lot, get a premium factory load it likes and roll with it.
Thanks I will keep that in mind, my bro bought the RL 22 for his 7mm Rem Mag, but I think he found the factory load that works for him. His gun shoots heavy better than light. I wanted to open the new Hornady reloading manual to see if there were loads for the 178s for the .300 WSM but it is wrapped in plastic. lol ... I most likely will do as you and some others have said start with factory loads and figure it out from there and try the powder I have at my disposal which is the IMR 4350 that works great for hunting loads in my Dad's .300 Win Mag, .243 and my .270 and my youngest bro's .270 and go from there if I start reloading for it. One step at a time as they say.

From the Hornady Manual
IMR 4350: 57.2- 66.5 Winchester brass WLRM primer.
+/- 65 grains seems to be a sweet spot for 175-180 grain bullets.
I haven’t loaded any Hornady bullets in my WSM, but shoots 180 Grain Accubonds extremely well over 65 gr of H4350.

From the Hornady Manual
IMR 4350: 57.2- 66.5 Winchester brass WLRM primer.
+/- 65 grains seems to be a sweet spot for 175-180 grain bullets.
I haven’t loaded any Hornady bullets in my WSM, but shoots 180 Grain Accubonds extremely well over 65 gr of H4350.
Thanks again for sharing some data like that. I will definitely keep that in mind. I really want to be in that 165-180 range for lead core bullets like the ABs and Hornady ELD-Xs, etc... and 150-165 for monolithics like the Barnes TTSX, Nosler E-Tip, etc... I will look back on this to give me a starting point. I was going to try both the bullet and the powder you mentioned, even though I have the IMR version.

Just remember that even though it is 4350, they burn differently.
IMR, H(Hodgdon), and A(Accurate), have different burn rates.

And what are you waiting for? Tear the plastic off that loading manual and start studying it!

Just remember that even though it is 4350, they burn differently.
IMR, H(Hodgdon), and A(Accurate), have different burn rates.

And what are you waiting for? Tear the plastic off that loading manual and start studying it!
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't want to be redundant with powders nor mix them up. I would definite make not of which 4350 I was using. The H one is definitely one I have thought about since it isn't as extreme temperature sensitive as others. Plus it has been recommended to me along with H380, Varget, etc...
I want to, but I haven't bought it yet. I currently work at Walmart and there are two new Hornady manuals on the shelf, tempting me. I probably will ask my manager if I can when he gets back from his 2nd vacation in the last 3 weeks. lol

Wait....
I've never seen a reloading manual at any Walmart....
Only one has had any reloading components that i've been to.
The one I work in the sporting goods dept in WV has a 4 foot section of reloading components and tools right beside the gun cabinets that we sell rifles and shotguns out of. All RCBS reloading dies, Rock Chucker press and other tools, with some Sierra, Hornady and Nosler bullets, CCI primers and some powders that take forever to come in.

i shoot a 300 wsm and my advice is buy a box of 165 hornady whitetail n got shoot some deer after sighting it in,,
i now see that was back in 19,,so what did you do?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back