Adventure show star charged with Alaska hunting violations

The sponsors were on board before the incident. Doubt they knew there would be an issue. Might wait a bit to enact your boycott there kenton.

You're absolutely right mtmuley. My comments are on the extreme side because some of those are fine companies. Would your opinion change if they continued to sponsor her going forward? The thing is, 99% of us have zero say in what goes on outdoor TV and is thus presented to the viewing public, the only vote I have is where my money goes. I just wish I had more "votes" in my wallet.

Let me pose this question: what would happen if a boycott did take place any and every time a TV "talent" was caught poaching? Would outdoor television strive to do a better job presenting hunting in a good light?

I know it doesn't make sense to blame a sponsor for something the host does but I just don't have any sympathy for anything that hurts hunting. Just my two cents.

Franchi, Bass Pro Shops, Realtree, Bear Archery, Carlson's Choke Tubes, Browning, Irish Setter, and Hunter Safety System have sponsored her to illegally shoot shoot a bear and then conspire with the owner of Renfro's Alaskan Adventures to falsify tags. I guess I won't be using any of these companies anytime soon.

I was forwarding thru the commercials on a taped edition of "wardens" today and was mildly amused when I thought I saw a promo for Ms Vail's show "Limitless". Went back to make sure I saw that right.
Wonder how MT fish and game feels about being brought to us by someone who violated AK game laws. Prob should have checked the tape date but I'm sure it was within the past 2 weeks.

Should change the show name to:
Limited

Limited knowledge, limited experience, limited ethics.

limitless whining.

I've watched it twice. She shot the wrong elk on the last show I watched.

Light fine!

I know if I f.... up! I would think 10 grand would be minimum. Do not plan to screw up, but it is hunting and shit happens.

I don't watch tv.
Do watch movies & dvd & such.
Some fb & yt stuff now that I have wifi that sorta works.
And 99% of the "Hunting" shows are just this type of thing and so I don't watch any now.
I do watch BF's stuff & it is different to me. & some RMEF stuff. Never to old to learn or laugh at the blow its, we do.
I Don't do spectator sports.
Hunting is not a spectator sport personally,except the memories I have. I have rarely even taken a pic of successful hunts.I'm usually too busy getting the animal out by myself.

I see the "stars" in town when the pony show arrive and shake my head.
I do pick up what is going on.
Because I see way too many wanna be's now.
And 99% of them are unethical it seems. Or heading down the wrong path following the wrong piper.

A sad day for hunting indeed. Celebrity hunter once again intimidated by money does the unethical thing. Certainly not the first nor will it be the last. Never cared for her show and don't watch it. Celebrity hunters go after relaxed animals in areas where the average person can't afford to hunt and still can't "get it done" ethically. A sad day indeed. ����

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back