PEAX Equipment

Action needed- support feral horse removal.

MTGomer

The Apache Sitgreaves national forest is running into some friction from the same old usual anti wildlife scum that make up our nation’s eco-extremist organizations.

There’s currently a plan to perform removal of non-native, feral horses/abandoned Res ponies in the Black River area of units 1 and 27 on the Apache Sitgreaves national Forest.

Please show your support with quick email to [email protected]

Mine said this:

Re: support feral horse removal.

I am writing you today to voice my support for the removal of feral horses, which are a non-native species to the state of Arizona, from western public lands. Specifically, I would support removing horses from the Black River area of the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest.

I hope that you will continue to manage our public lands for the benefit of native wildlife such as deer, elk, pronghorn, and bighorn sheep. Resources such as feed and water must be available to these wildlife species, especially during the prolonged droughts we’ve been experiencing. As summers continue to get hotter and drier, this pressure will only get worse. “

Done and hope it helps. I live, work and play in an area where removals are fairly common but still amazingly contentious. Best of luck!

Sent
Thanks @MTGomer
Driving around in Nevada last year I was astounded by how many of those effed up looking horses there were

Thanks for the push, @MTGomer. Always good to let managers know when they are doing good things for native species, as they surely will get a lot of heat from some who make no distinction between native and feral species.

Dear Sir or Madam:
It is my understanding that the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest is prioritizing the needs of native wildlife species by implementing a project that would remove non-native feral horses in the Black River area.
I support this management action. Native species need to be given priority in management. The landscapes are already challenged with changing climates, invasive plant species, and in the case of feral horses, non-native terrestrial species. This action will benefit the long-term health of native habitats and native species.

I hope that you will continue to give native species priority consideration in your management actions. I support your efforts toward that end.

Sincerely,

Randy Newberg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back