MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Accubond question

Not for the 6.5 CM, but in a 30-06 and my son's 300 WSM. They shoot great and have really worked well on elk and deer. Fantastic bullet!

I shoot the 110s' in my 257, 140's in my 270 and 180's in my 300 WSM and am really pleased with all of them. They shoot great and I haven't exactly had to do any tracking or follow up shots on anything from antelope to elk in the last 6-7 years.

Now I'm not shooting extreme yardages with any of those loads, but a few shots in the 400-450 range and most in the 300 and under category. If you can dial up a load that your rifle likes I would give them a try.

ive just got a box of the accubond l r 142 gr for my 6.5 creedmoor,,havnt got them reloaded up yet or shot yet,,not sure where to start but was thinkin of 42 gr imr 4350 ball park?any recomondations if I should start at this or work up a lower load first?

I shot the 129 ablr's out of my 260, only shot deer but great performance and BC is awesome. Shots .5moa or as good as I am capable of shooting. I shot a bunch of accubond in various calibers and they simply always work!

For you guys that reload accubonds how far are you seating these. I have a 260,25/06, 2 7mm rem mags and a 338 and cannot get any of them to shoot accubond bullets accurately.

For you guys that reload accubonds how far are you seating these. I have a 260,25/06, 2 7mm rem mags and a 338 and cannot get any of them to shoot accubond bullets accurately.

Well what's your maximum C.O.A.L. for each one of these rifles? There are a ton of variables that effect how seating depth. There's not a 'one size fits all.'

Odd that 5 different rifles won't shoot Accubonds. mtmuley

I find that a bit odd, also. Actually, my 7 mag shoots Hornady Interlocks a bit better, but splitting hairs really. I would say there are other issues with the loads.

What other bullets have you gotten to shoot better? Out of that many rifles, I would think that most would punch them very accurately. I, personally, seat all of my bullets just over book recommendations-depending on magazine room.

I had accuracy issues with 140 AB with a 7-08 Montana. Really wanted to use em. In fairness I switched to 140 TTSX after 2 or 3 recipes due to the AB's being scarce at the time. One factor, IMO, is the Montana's blind magazine's COAL limitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back