Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Accommodations in Casper, Wyoming

Toban204

I am going to be in Casper WY in early October for antelope hunting and I need to book somewhere for my friend and I to stay. It’s our first time in Casper. Can anyone recommend a decent and hunter-friendly hotel, B&B or Airbnb for us to stay at?

If anyone has any other suggestions for places to eat or things to see or do while we’re there please share them. We’re very excited to get down there. The plan is to hunt for a few days (area 73) then fish for a day or two if we can find some spots.

Thanks in advance!

Lots of hotels that are all fine, and probably lots of Airbnb. Tons of chain restaurants. Wyoming Ale Works and J’s Pub are good. Also see:

Days Inn was good to us. Broke down an antelope in the parking lot out back. No complaints.

Eating..These are higher end.
J’s Pub and Grill dinner etc
***Silver Fox***...best steak I've ever eaten. Get the ribeye and thank me later.
Eggingtons....breakfast. French toast is great.

The Fort was ok too.

Avoid the c’mon inn , it’s been quite a few years ago but checked in at 11 after driving 2 solid says then someone tried to get in our room twice between 2 and 3 am but I yelled at them and they ran off the first time when they got the door open, then the second time the safety chain stopped then. Weird part was the desk staff somehow felt like it was our fault ?!

Last edited:
Many hunters stay at the Ramkota. It is on the West end of town where I-25 turns North.

If you stay in Casper, I'd recommend trying Speadgoat beer from the Ten Sleep brewery. Good stuff.

I had a killer meal at HQ Southern BBQ in Casper when I was out there last.

Corn bread was some of the best I've ever had too.

I stayed at the KOA and they were not really hunter friendly. The Horse Shoe Bar and Grill is a pretty good hole in the wall place for a couple drinks and decent food.

Thanks all for the advice and suggestions! Sounds like there are some decent places to stay and lots of good food options.

Is there a bait and tackle shop in Casper we should hit to get set-up for trout fishing? Are there any really good hunting stores in Casper or elsewhere in NE Wyoming?

Came here to suggest HQs. It’s a must!

Ugly bug fly shop off of center has always treated me well. There’s a sportsman’s warehouse too. Personally, I would just avoid Rocky Mountain Discount Sports. Prices are terrible.

Firehouse Pizza off of McMurray on the south side of town is a staple for us when we pass through Casper.

There is a Sportsman's Warehouse on the East end of town near the mall and a large outdoor sports store on CY Ave. You will probably get better local information at the store on CY than the Sportsman's Warehouse. Both stores are fairly well stocked and prices are similar for most things.

Avoid eating at the Casper Family restaurant (near the Ramkota) unless you enjoy secondhand cigarette smoke. On the bright side there is a Five Guys (without question the best burgers) on the East end of town near the mall and Walmart.

Days Inn was good to us. Broke down an antelope in the parking lot out back. No complaints.

Eating..These are higher end.
J’s Pub and Grill dinner etc
***Silver Fox***...best steak I've ever eaten. Get the ribeye and thank me later.
Eggingtons....breakfast. French toast is great.

The Fort was ok too.
I second the Silver Fox ... excellent Prime Rib!

I'm no Casper veteran but I go there a couple times a year for work. I always eat at 5 Guys; there is a pretty good Vietnamese restaurant I eat at to mix things up, Pho Saigon. I expect early Oct. is probably too early, but worth checking on when Sportsman's starts their annual big buck/bull contest. There are some pretty impressive skull plates hanging in there each year from the area, fun to look around at. There are the far western WY mountain bulls I'm used to hunting, then there are BULLS...they look like a different species.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to be in Casper WY in early October for antelope hunting and I need to book somewhere for my friend and I to stay. It’s our first time in Casper. Can anyone recommend a decent and hunter-friendly hotel, B&B or Airbnb for us to stay at?

I am doing the same trip likely the week before you. I started looking into Airbnb back in February. Most of the places that are listed as open ended up being booked for long term stays to workers in the area. One I had booked to find out 2 months later that it actually wasn’t. With just two of you I would look into the suggestions given for the hotels in the area.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back