Yeti GOBOX Collection

about to ask dumb question

wheels

i been trying to talk my dad into getting out of state and im guessing he talk to someone today sent me text tolook up B tags in 16A and 17 so i did and whoever he got info from called it clear water but in the regs is selway so i have heard bad things about here for years so guess im asking is it as bad as people been says of starting to come back and this in no way would be about trophy thanks

Reactions: LCH
it was more population numbers i guess i was asking about i would shoot about anything with horns thanks

i been trying to talk my dad into getting out of state and im guessing he talk to someone today sent me text tolook up B tags in 16A and 17 so i did and whoever he got info from called it clear water but in the regs is selway so i have heard bad things about here for years so guess im asking is it as bad as people been says of starting to come back and this in no way would be about trophy thanks

Not trying to be a troll/ass, just honest feedback. If you're asking a question online, I've found you get both more and better responses if you use punctuation (there's not a single comma, semicolon or period in your post) and if you read what you've written before clicking "post" to make sure it's somewhat legible. Doesn't have to be a thesis level work, just helps the reader's eyes to not go crossed.

It sounds like the gist of your question is how is the hunting in these units. I'm still a newbie, but when I'm researching a new area I use a couple tools. 1) gohunt.com, 2) the state's Parks and Wildlife/Game and Fish website and look through statistics from previous years' harvests, 3) do a google search for the unit and include "forum" in the search, so I'll get first hand info from this and other forums. I don't give a ton of credence to #3 unless there's a pretty consistent across multiple posts on different forums (ex: someone may say a unit is over hunted with few animals truthfully, or they may post that to try to protect their favorite unit from attracting new hunters). 4) I use onxmaps.com to check access and get a feel for the lay of the land/what's private what's public.

If you get really serious about the unit, call the wildlife biologist in the area and get his take.

my punctuation sucks ill give that, and do need to do some more research did talk to co and bio. A friend of my dad said his son with his friends do really good plus the time of the tag doesnt coflict with school schedule. This is just in the planning phase

Have you spent much time on the IDFG website? I've researched that area a small amount, mostly further southeast. I've just not had the chance to make the drive to Idaho yet though, I've been fortunate to draw tags closer to home (relatively speaking). A quick glance at this years' regs do show the area as under population objective.

I know from your previous postings that you are mobility impaired. I think it's admirable that you're not letting that disability hold you back.

Feel free to PM me if you ever plan on hunting CO, WY, or MT. I might be able to help you out.

Best of luck in your planning!

Have you spent much time on the IDFG website? I've researched that area a small amount, mostly further southeast. I've just not had the chance to make the drive to Idaho yet though, I've been fortunate to draw tags closer to home (relatively speaking). A quick glance at this years' regs do show the area as under population objective.

I know from your previous postings that you are mobility impaired. I think it's admirable that you're not letting that disability hold you back.

Feel free to PM me if you ever plan on hunting CO, WY, or MT. I might be able to help you out.

Best of luck in your planning!
thanks i would love to hit all those states. and at some point at this point just trying to dip my toe or wheel lol into out of state hunting . my dads friend is going over this summer to scope it out.

Reactions: LCH
Seriously rough country! Rivals the Frank I think. Weather/access can get hairy along the selway in the November season. I've seen animals in there though. Lot of horse trailers at the trailheads. Access from the west of 16a (elk city area) maybe better in the earlier season idk.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back