Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand again.........

466_front-001.jpg

I was there one week ago.

I grew up going to the park numerous times a year, and it's a lifelong dream of mine to see someone gored by a buffalo. One day the stars will align.
We were there last Monday - sons first time so had to see OF. There was a small bull by his lonesome in the trees right off the walkway that you couldn’t see until you were past him. We walked around to a better spot, watching him all the way, and when the geyser went off I was staring at that bull because conditions were ripe for someone to wander close enough to get in trouble. Thankfully (or not depending on your thoughts on witnessing Darwin in action), no one got close and the bull wandered off towards the road to cause a traffic jam.

I remember back in the late-80s, when I was a kid growing up in Mammoth Hot Springs, YNP we had a summer where someone was getting gored almost every week. Got so bad the rangers started distributing these hilarious yellow flyers warning tourists to stay away from the bison. The flyer contained an illustration with an angry buffalo tossing a tourist in the air. The drawing was so funny my buddies and I kept every one we found lying around at the hotel, visitor center, general store, etc just because it made us laugh. 😀
IMG_20200109_171520051.jpg

I've got that framed

It's in my man room, right next to the bison hide lol
Nice work. Love it. The one I'm thinking of from the '80s had a cartoon dude with a camera. There have been a few iterations over the years, I think, but here's an example. Still cracks me up. It's somewhat comforting to know that others share my sense of humor.

flyer.jpg.png

Last edited:
I don't have the time in my life to spend arguing such subtle semantics, so I'll just say thanks for looking out for me, friend.

Always lookin out for my fellow man; well most of em anyway and you're not excluded.

To clarify; by saying that one got what one deserves is tantamount to saying that everyone deserves to be gored/head butted by a buffalo. OTOH if one's action/s brings unfavorable consequence/s upon their person then that could be said to be deserving what one got. Just clarifying as a point of general interest.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back