Yeti

A pike and a turtle

Nemont

Left work at 5:00 last night. I had gotten the boat hooked up and ready to at lunch. Was on the water fishing by 5:30. Hooked a number of small mouth bass and dink walleye when all of sudden one of my rods bent in half. I knew it was a decent sized pike.

It gave a decent fight and I finally got it in the boat. My wife snapped a quick pic and I attempted to release it.

ecdbbcf1-32c0-4b9a-9ca8-9f2c0c16d0f6_zpspebcy1fv.jpg

Well the pike just turned upside down and I tried in vane to revive it to no avail. So reluctantly I put it on a stringer and towed it around another couple of hours until just before dark.

Got to the fish cleaning station and this is what was in it's gullet.

lake4_zpsajrzzkrv.jpg

Never have seen that before. I have seen bull snakes, duckings, cisco, walleyes, etc but never a turtle.

Nemont

Last edited:

Ben Lamb

Turtle stuffed Pike is a delicacy that you have to pay extra for in France.

Cool!

Schaaf

That's neat. I found a chicken leg in a pike once. Apparently the pike thought there was still some meat left on the bone someone didn't finish.

RobG

I caught a ling once with a belly full of corn and a couple of slices of bacon. Definitely a delicacy in France, and rural Montana.

Southwind

Looks like one I caught last Saturday, less the turtle. I need a set of mouth grabbers like that though, the look very handy.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Nemont

That's crazy! was the turtle still alive or dead?

It was dead but it looked like it hadn't been in there long.

Looks like one I caught last Saturday, less the turtle. I need a set of mouth grabbers like that though, the look very handy.

fishgrip_zpsnvvk7kbp.gif

Yeah I have a few too many battle scars from trying to get hooks or crankbaits out of their mouth. Those northern's are just to tough on a guys hands.

Coyotes-R-Us

How about pliers?
I got one years back that had a pair of needle nose pliers in it's belly, they had red plastic grips ???
:confused:

brownbear932008

I have seen that in our rockbass (red eyes) in my younger days but turtle was only about 1-2 inches. Pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshlineCJ