A&P Mechanics in WY/MT

gbfan

Any of you fellas/gals know any Airframe & Power-plant mechanics (or anyone who works on aircraft/aircraft engines not in the service), that work in MT or WY? Looking to get out of the Air Force and have been perusing the web looking at mostly smaller, regional airports and some of the jobs out there. FWIW, also looking at WI or surrounding states. Thanks.

Husky aircraft are made in Afton, WY over near the western border. They might need your skills in an assembly environment, though that's not nearly as challenging as working out of a shop and building hours. Unfortunately civil aviation and especially the private SE and twin owners have taken it on the chin with the cost of operation, That $50.00 hamburger now costs about $150.00

gb
Keep at it if you can. I have kicked myself since I moved here 40 years ago for an aviation job only to be told when I arrived that they had tried to contact me to let me know that they hired a guy with more experience. I even tried getting a job as a ramp rat at the airport, but to no avail so moved on to other things. Still miss the smell of JP-4:(

yeah, I'm looking at all options (staying in, getting out), weighing the pros/cons. I can tell you I'll probably never miss the smell of JP-8 though :)

Sorry this isn't helpful to get a job but I say get the hell out of the aviation industry!

vdo84, Your neck deep in the aviation industry now, so what would you do differently? You aviation guys might want to consider Alaska, there are more airplanes than vehicles up there and I hear the hunting is pretty good!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back