Where should I move to in MT?

nick87

. When people move here the first thing they want to do is change it so it’s like where they came from.
Theres the problem regardless if they move across the country or across there own county. Part of the reason I'm reluctant to leave where I live, I have transplant guilt

brockel

I bet people that can work as you do are a large part of the new immigrants to Montana. I'm praying for one Hell of an ass kicking winter. mtmuley
Send them out East. -30 below with a 30mph wind and 80% humidity for a week really makes one look real hard at their life choices

RobG

The downside of living here your whole life is that you have no vision about the path you are on if you don't change. I moved to Texas after college and (I love my friends there) but that place is <blanked>ed up from my perspective when it comes to managing for native fish and wildlife, hunting, and public lands. It made me appreciate even more what MT is/was and I've taken a more active role in protecting that which can be in conflict with 5th generation folks.

Gerald Martin

IIRC, sometime twenty or so years ago, when Montana and Gallatin County in particular began to realize a surge in growth. The Code of the West was first written about by the western author Zane Grey who pointed to an unspoken code for those moving to the West that basically involved an attitude of integrity, honor, and self reliance.
So basically UPOM, right? 😏

Wildabeast

I’ve got a 20 acre lot in the hills just east of Bozeman that we’re considering selling. Borders a section of land locked State Trust lands. PM me if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grepgaston