Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A ? only Moosie can answer

wyomingtim

OK. Now that you have entered the diety-like realm of monster elk hunter - joining the likes of Greenhorn in that respect - maybe you can distribute some of your knowledge with those of us aspiring to take your crown of Trophy Spike King. Actually, since you were so good at it, what is your secret for finding the spikes? Evidently I am missing whatever that secret is because all I am finding is branch antlered bulls - spike tag for me this year.

I cannot claim to be the spike-meister that Oscar is, but I usually find spikes with cows after the rut, in rifle season, when I am looking for branch-antlered bulls.

I wish I new my secrets. I'm with Cali though. Find the Cows and you'll find the Spikes. Stay tuned for some "SPIKE" footage that we'll upload in the next couple days.

The branch antlered and the bigger bulls group up a little but often separate out. Find the herd of cows and you'll find the spikes !!

OK. Now that you have entered the diety-like realm of monster elk hunter - joining the likes of Greenhorn in that respect

I've been thinking about that quote the last 2 days... and although I realize that the post was a Joke I want to make it clear that just because a Buy gets Lucky and Draws a Couple good tags and Hunts with a Couple Great hunters and gets Lucky one year, I'm still in No class like the Top hunters here. Although I[ll claim to be better then some.... :p ..... There are Way too many hunters that I still listen to, and try to learn from Every year. Alot of them.

Have you had any luck on the Spikes ?

Moosie - yep, I was joking around a bit. Just trying to stroke your ego a bit :D

No luck yet on teh spikes. Opening day weather where I was really really really sucked. FOg moved in first thing and it was thick...visibility only about 50-75 yards. Not many hunters pushing them off the public land down to the private land we were on. Had one spike in my scope around 8am, but just as we agreed he was a spike (a real trophy - tall and we were unsure if he was a true spike) a few fat a$$ ATV hunters trespassed onto our spot and spooked him off. We are going back out tomorrow, and will be gone until Sat night or we get our elk - whichever comes first.

Congrats on your recent Wyoming success.

Wyomingtim, There was a message in my junk mail from a PM I think you sent to Browtine. It had you as the sender, him as the Recipient and an Fatal Error on it. Not sure if it was a Spam or if it was Ligit. If you did try to Email him or PM him from this site and got no response it's cuz there was an Error. Just an FYI .

Don't hesitate to shoot an ATV on private land ... :D :D

Also, Appreciate the Ego Rub. I don't deny loving the "luck" I've gotten (Or made for myself as I'd like to think) lately but As big as my head usually is I need to stay grounded. Too much of anything, even a good thing can lead into bad things.... I do appreciate the Kudos and I hope you score on a Spike !!!! An elk is an Elk is an Elk. 7x7 360 class or a Calf Elk. Just love the Dang chase, hunt, and time spent afield !!!!

Moose man,

Did you take a spelling class? I never saw such good spelling coming out of that keyboard of yours.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back