A Nice Old Buck I Got Several Years Back

Madman

Stumbled across the pics of a nice big old 3x3 I got several years back. I also managed to get a photo of him two years earlier. Thought I'd share them with you to get us through the wait for next season.
Buck.jpgBuck1.jpgFirstShot.JPGGood1.JPGMass.JPGSide.JPG

Attachments

• Good2.JPG
    Good2.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 8
That's a cool buck! I love how different they can all be. My daughter has shot 4 mulies now and only one was a standard 4x4. We screwed up on a BIG 3x3 last year, and managed to shoot this 3x3 the next day. Still a good one but the one we messed up on was a whopper like yours. Congrats! Very cool that you have live photos of him!!

Reactions: LCH
Well I suck at posting pictures on the new system, sorry for the huge version. But Thanks for sharing hunting pics and starting a fun thread. We all needed that :)

That's a whopper. Any guesses on age? Looks 4+ in the live photos.
I think he was in the range of 10+ years...he had been seen for a long time and never caught...I spoke to one old timer who said he'd seen him come into the little slab of private during the winter for many years, and that he was a 5 point for awhile, and as he got older he started to decline. He was old and tough, I can tell you! If you look at the second pic real closely you can see a little dip on the top of his back above the front legs, when I processed him someone had shot him in there many years ago a missed everything vital, but the new tendons and scar tissues were all over after healing. It will always be one of my more memorable bucks!

Reactions: LCH
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back