Caribou Gear Tarp

A MT Moose update

Well, before I got soaked this morning, I decided to try finding a bull I located just prior to season. I never got a good look at him then but knew he was worth another look so I've been trying to find him since.........Well, I got a better look today, and could have easily put the hammer down, but after 30 minutes of arguing with myself on what to do, I decided that I would still hold out for a while to see if I can find a slammer. Now this is a pretty dang nice Montana moose fellas......

But, alas, he lives another day:)

Attachments

• No SLouch 2.jpg
    No SLouch 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 871
  • No Slouch.jpg
    No Slouch.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 866
Man that is some kind of control critter. Hope you find the one you are looking for. Enjoying following along with ya via all the updates. Keep at it!

Glad you are seeing so many moose, looks like a blast! I am looking to score the same exact tag that you have... been putting in for 13 years now for the same area. Good luck, I'm sure you will find one that catches your eye!

Glad you are seeing so many moose, looks like a blast! I am looking to score the same exact tag that you have... been putting in for 13 years now for the same area. Good luck, I'm sure you will find one that catches your eye!

Well, there will likely not be a person that knows the unit better than me by the time you draw:)LOL Be glad to give you the help when time comes........

There's a very good chance you're out of your mind Matt, that's a great bull. As many as you're seeing has got to make it easier to be picky though. Keep at it.

There's a very good chance you're out of your mind Matt, that's a great bull. As many as you're seeing has got to make it easier to be picky though. Keep at it.

You know as much as I've been hearing that, you all might be right...........but I guess we will see:)

I think you're out of your mind, but you're doing it so well. Helping a fellow hunter, taking your kids along to share in the experience and just being patient.

I know if I had a tag I'd be pulling the trigger on the first bull I saw....then again I have to travel 1,000 miles to MT and only have limited time on the ground to seal the deal.

You're not out of your mind, just have your mind made up. Can't wait for pics of the big one. mtmuley

Thanks for sharing! Great pics. Keep at it an I know we'll be seeing a smiling face behind a big bull soon!

It's been fun watching this all play out. Hold out for the one you want and don't settle. I ate an Elkhorns tag and don't regret it one bit. It was still the best hunting i've ever had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back