Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A MT Moose update

thecrittergitter

Sorry guys, been out 24 days now looking for the right moose to hang my tag on this year......was tough finding them this summer, in fact only had seen one moose till about mid to late august. Things are starting to get fun now! Been able to get my son out on most of my trips so far and he is just loving it! I called in a nice bull the other night and we had some very funny dialog on the video I took as he was a bit upset as to why I was letting the bull go at 19 yards broadside, bow ready to rock:)

Anyway, here are a couple pics so far from some outings..........

Attachments

• post 3.jpg
    post 3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 5,692
  • post 10.jpg
    post 10.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 5,747
  • post 7.jpg
    post 7.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 5,785
  • post 6.jpg
    post 6.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 5,764
  • post 5.jpg
    post 5.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 5,629
  • post 4.jpg
    post 4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,672
  • post 2.jpg
    post 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5,822
  • Post 1.jpg
    Post 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 5,784
I found my target bull too.............I'm hoping you all will get to see a good close up with Braden and I putting the ol grip and grin on this bull......

Attachments

• post 11.jpg
    post 11.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 5,420
Great pics...that last bull looks like a bull out of Alaska! Sure hope you find him again!

I was feeling pretty confident about getting this bull yesterday so I threw on some new broadheads yesterday at 4 am and took off after him. On the way, I ran into one of the other tagholders and she had spotted a real nice bull, one of the ones I have been watching and she was excited to kill it. So, instead of going to try to find my target bull, I ended up helping her all morning try to get her moose for her. Unfortunately, the bull went onto some private that wouldn't allow access and calling him off didn't work. Thankfully the landowner accidentally bumped him off feeding his cows and the chase was on. I talked to Val and told her to go set up at the end of the willow field and I would crawl through that mess of crap and push him out to her. I crawled through just shy of a mile of crap a rabbit could hardly get through and when I popped up on him, he was 11 yards! I could have ran an arrow through him easy but I knew Val wanted this one so I was going to do what I could to get him out to her. Let me tell you, moose do not push well. That moose stood and stared me down for a long time and then finally he trotted away. He must have let me crawl right by him the second time because she said a cow came out but he never did. So, it was a fun morning helping her but we didn't quite close the deal.

Awesome pics! I'm sure you'll connect on the big boy soon!

So, instead of going to try to find my target bull, I ended up helping her all morning try to get her moose for her
Translation : She looked hot in camo

Just kidding dude. We all know how much you help out your fellow hunters. Good luck knocking down that big boy!!!

I certainly hope you connect with your bull. I also would like to express my respect and pride for you giving up some of your time to help out a fellow hunter. Makes me proud to be a part of the great brotherhood of on your own hunters. Good luck!

Great story of hunting with your son and helping out others. My daughter will be chasing SW Montana moose this weekend with me. If only I can get past Thursday and Friday. Those killer pictures sure aren't helping...

Looks like fun so far! Good luck finding the right bull for you

Man, that is a monster bull!!! I wish you the best of luck on closing in on him!! Awesome that you have been able to get your son involved a bunch too!!

More pics? :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back