A MT Moose update

NIcely done Matt! Your bride must be a saint! 46 days. The locks on my house would be changed.

BTW- It looks warm enough where you could have almost needed sunscreen! No snow to track.

Hurray!!!! I woke up and it's over! Nice bull, congrats. Well worth the time spent. So, NOW what are you doing?

Well Dave, Now....I'm sitting on my butt taking it easy for a few days.....I'm pretty sure my wife has been through enough this season so I think the hunts from here on out will be very minimal. Targeting a wolf at some point though. I think the elk are going to go without any harassment from me this year. Well maybe go a couple days;)

And Plan on getting out with my boys for a deer close to home but I'm pretty dang satisfied with calling this season a success just as it sits.........anything else will just be icing on the cake:)

Thanks everyone for following along this year, had fun reporting in and updating the thread. I'll be looking for a phone call or two next year when someone else draws the tag.........I pretty well have the hot spots down to a T after 46 days and I don't know how many friggin miles:)

NIcely done Matt! Your bride must be a saint! 46 days. The locks on my house would be changed.

BTW- It looks warm enough where you could have almost needed sunscreen! No snow to track.

Man, she is flat out as good as they come. I wouldn't expect anybody's wife to put up with this crap:)LOL

Down lower on the mountain yesterday.........hiked for days in the crunchy snow and was futile. Lower on the south and west faces, the snow has melted.

Great job. Well earned trophy.

Out of curiosity what do you do for a living that allows you to take that much time off work?

It is pretty amazing that I've never ever seen a moose that large but you manage to find several of them and even harvest one. Great skill and dedication!

I think the way you stated it...
Paraphrased:
"Not the biggest in the Unit, but the biggest I'd seen so far" , especially after 46 days of looking, means you did that tag justice.

In addition to telling us about your line of work that lets you spend a month and a half hunting, I'm curious what your inner monologue was during that time that let you not get discouraged or think "I shoulda killed that bull,yesterday, last week, last month"?

Here is the bull I killed alive and well in 2012. He didn't change much. But it makes it a little easier to see why he is a hard bull to let go.

Pretty neat that a guy took that last year and sent it to me last night.....

Attachments

• Moose in 2012.jpeg
    Moose in 2012.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 740
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMNhunter09
Back