A little plea for help... CO cow muzzleloader info

lifesupport4u

Well, this year is a little different. Long story short, my wife is expecting our first child in October... so I will not be able to hunt my normal rifle season and will only have 4-5 days to hunt at most... assuming things are going well at home.

So... I am searching for a 2nd choice cow muzzleloader hunt...

I do have 2 points, but don't want to use them on a year I can only hunt a couple of days.

I know there are lots of people asking for direction on here... and I get it if nobody responds.... but if anyone is willing to throw me a bone with unit suggestions/info on a 2nd choice cow muzzleloader hunt it would be a huge help.

There were some fairly solid cow tags on the leftover list last year when they went first come/first served last year. Tags that you couldn't have drawn second choice during the primary application period. They go/went fast though, so that would be a risky strategy if you're intent on snagging a tag as your primary plan.

Would it be easier to sneak in a late cow hunt, after all the fireworks? Not late as in post rut, late as in december.

Yeah, I don't know where you're looking at hunting but I'd just get another point and snag something off the leftover/returned tags. Plenty of options last year. Congratulations on the baby too!

There were some fairly solid cow tags on the leftover list last year when they went first come/first served last year. Tags that you couldn't have drawn second choice during the primary application period. They go/went fast though, so that would be a risky strategy if you're intent on snagging a tag as your primary plan.

Yes- I will be watching what comes out on the leftover list. I have picked up some great tags the last 2 years this way... but its not a guarantee.

Reactions: LCH
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back