A javelina.

Tom

I got him about a mile from the Pecos river.

thjavetffr.jpg

A lone boar!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-17-2003 14:56: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Nice pic and boar. I am thinking you are hunting in a short sleeved shirt and am a little jealous.
biggrin.gif

Need a partner next year Tom?

I will buy the beer!
eek.gif
After we are done of coarse.

Cool man, I drew a tag down in AZ for Feb, going to be chasing around them little pigs soon myself.

A cold front came, its only about 60 today.
ktc, they're year round here, 2 per hunter and the out of state over the counter liscense is $45 and here's a place to call to book a hunt for $100. $145 total to hunt 2. South Texas has a lot of them, so this ranch may have a lot, I don't know that. Call and ask them.
http://www.diamondsadventures.com/index.htm

I got breakfast patty sausage made out of him and am saving the skull, as I have one shoulder mounted. Here's the canyon where I got him.

thross8setup.jpg

I was on the cliff around the corner to the right and he was down by the yellow circle on the right.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-17-2003 15:03: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I have had mine made into summer or italian sausage,and pepper sticks/slim jim`s, some guy`s make bbqe beef/meat slow cooked in bbqe sauce, other than that i haven`t found them good for anything else.
smile.gif

PS. we call them hogs/pigs but they arn`t really a pig, they are more closely related to the rodent/rat family.
eek.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Isn`t there some big "rodent" in africa or south america somewhere that they say the javelina is closely related to, and it has hooves?

Nice pig uhmm or rodent or whatever you want to call it.AZ402 used to call me Pig Boy cuz it was the only damn thing I constantly killed
confused.gif
You know the best way to cook is.....first you have to dig a pit...then you have to get a good peice of hickory board....next you have to salt the board real good and use a real strong spicy barbecue sauce on the meat....next let it cook all day in the pit....then dig her out, throw away the meat and enjoy the board
wink.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back