Caribou Gear Tarp

A HELL OF A ,,,

Hunterman

,,,DAY...17 years ago today, my Dad, my Mentor, my Best Friend, died
frown.gif
at the age of 62..The man taught me about life,,how to salmon fish, hunt( anything that walked,or flied,(EVEN PEOPLE,but thats another sad, but saved my ass story
frown.gif
)))for someone who was born in Iowa in 1924 and retired from the Army in 1963 as a Major( yes he was in the invasion of North Africa,and Normandy (that day, he said scared the shit out of him
eek.gif
in the Korean war,,and got his butt shot off in both of them..( I'll talk more in private if you ask... )He was a HELL of a person

Dad never did kill an elk, although he hunted for them for 30 years..

After he retired from hunting he gave me his guns(being the only left handed son, and the only one in the family that could out shoot him..)

(Here is were I'm the luckiest person on earth)I'm going to retire dads .30-06 by killing a Royal Bull Elk(6X6 with ivory tips on all 6 points on both sides)and my loving wife says "Go for it"...

I have found an outfitter,( a bit spendy)who told me that if we didn't find the elk that I was looking for, the hunt was FREE..( The cost otherwise is around $4000
eek.gif
(Oh chit thats some cash )Becky(Lady Nutcracker)said "GO FOR IT" " Piss the guide off and cross the frigguns bull eyes
hump.gif
)

This gal is so tight with money, that I had better make sure I come home with a deer ,or elk, or I had better have a damn good excuse of why not..( She is tight with her wallet
biggrin.gif
)To top it all off she wants to go with me, and film it
biggrin.gif
She is willing to spend $4000 plus to retire dads rifle, in fact she told me that the next elk I "KILL" WILL be "DADS" elk
eek.gif
!!Ain't that some chit??

Hunterman(Tony)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-30-2004 22:43: Message edited by: Hunterman ]</font>

This sounds like an excellent way of honoring your Dad's memory. I can understand the anniversary being a tough time for you, because October 1, 2004 will mark the 34th year my dad has been gone. It's always a bad day for me...even after all this time. You've given me an idea here, maybe I can work things out to go hunting on that day this year. Perhaps a trophy would be a way to add some positive memories to a past that is gone but never forgotten.

Good luck in all your endeavors,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back