Caribou Gear

A great season

HandgunHunter

Big game season has come to a close for my household. This season success in the field came almost too easy with an animal a day hitting the ground. My main focus this year was getting the wife to accomplish some firsts. She got her first mule deer and first bull. She really wanted a revolver critter but terrain/conditions just didn't allow it. She took all of her animals with a xp100 in 6.5-284. [br][br]It was great getting to hunt all over the state of Wyoming this year. From the mountains, desert, and the prairie. And after 40 miles of packing out my bull I'm grateful for the ability to access my wife's two elk with the 4 wheeler.[br][br]I was fortunate enough to have the chance to take a new handgun hunter (not my wife) into the field some to start showing them/teaching them about hunting the west completely DIY. Also had the privilege of taking some vets out to tag animals.[br][br]Now onto small game with a 22 and ice fishing![br][br]
gU7LAB2.jpg
[br]6.5-284 127 Barnes Lrx 200 yards[br][br]
ObORHAZ.jpg
[br]6.5-284 127 Barnes Lrx 282 yards[br][br]
UkQFQyI.jpg
[br]6.5-284 127 Barnes Lrx 400 yards[br][br]
5Ee7Ezh.jpg
[br]little 4 mile pack out[br][br]
TKhmCi6.jpg
[br]6.5-284 Barnes 127 LRX 250 yards (i think..thats the right range)[br][br]
vi2jg2c.jpg
[br]629 44 240 sierra 40 yards[br][br]
2yRE8lB.jpg
[br]6.5-284 127 Barnes LRX 300 yards[br][br]
QzB0Nzj.jpg
[br]629 44 240 sierra 40-50 yards[br][br]
v3mvI9r.jpg
[br]First day chasing rabbits with the 22...yes the dog works them.

That's an incredible season there.
How does the scope work on the pistol? Are they specific scopes just for them that have a long eye relief distance?

That's an incredible season there.
How does the scope work on the pistol? Are they specific scopes just for them that have a long eye relief distance?
We use (and most do) rifle scopes on the single shots. It lets you get a tighter position. The single shot in the photo recoils less than 1/2”.

Revolvers use long eye relief handgun scopes.

We use (and most do) rifle scopes on the single shots. It lets you get a tighter position. The single shot in the photo recoils less than 1/2”.

Revolvers use long eye relief handgun scopes.
Might think about getting something like that, around here to use a center fire rifle you have to be at least 8' elevated to legally shoot it whereas a pistol we could shoot from the ground.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back