A good visit from Tim Behle - I think.

Bruce A. Kennedy

Tim was in Tucson this morning, for a 1,000 yard shooting match. Afterwards, he came by and paid a visit for 2-3 hours. We had a great visit and HE depleted my Budweiser Cache to the point I will have to take out a 2nd morgatge to replace it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just kidding Tim.
biggrin.gif

Anywho, I had to get a picture of him and his new "Coyote Gun". I am here to tell ya, the bullets for this thing look like sticks of dynamite.
biggrin.gif
This is a beautiful rifle and I would be proud to own it.

Take care and enjoy.

tim.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-09-2003 17:17: Message edited by: Bruce A. Kennedy ]</font>

There's a method to ole Tims madness in creating that monsterous thing. With the fire plug cartridges he's taken up shooting, the barrel HAS to be that long to preclude the muzzle blast from tipping over his shooting bench
smile.gif

That photo does not do the rifle justice. Tim is a tall man and the gun looks much smaller in the photo than what it really looks like in my hands. I would bet it weighs in about 16 pounds. Tim, told me, but I guess I didn't pay attention. The barrel is a heavy barrel too. I asked him about the re-coil, and there is just a little, but not bad.Take care.

Bruce,

I sure had a great time visiting with you and your wife. Don't blame me for drinking all of the beer, you drank half of them, remember?
wink.gif

The rifle is a 300 Tomahawk. I built it to shoot coyotes on the irrigation circles. Well out of range of most "Coyote calibers."

It has a 34" Lilja Barrel and the brass is formed from 300 Remington Ultra Mag. If I had ever believed that I'd go to a 1K Benchrest match, and get addicted so quickly, I'd have probably built it on different brass.

It only weighs 14 pounds, but wears a KDF muzzle brake. Not great for the ears, with out protection. But I fired 78 Rounds in under two hours at the match before going over to Bruce's. Didn't leave a mark or soreness at all. Try doing that with a standard 300 RUM and 240 grain bullets, and you will become a quick believer in brakes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back