A Few that made it!

shoots-straight

Looks like at least 9 bulls made it through season, and winter. I was out looking for another kill site, or a crossing to put another camera up, and to get some belly fat off. I snowshoed up to a divide in the southern end of the valley. As I was coming down the southern exposure I came across these bulls. There was 4 6 x 6's the biggest wasn't 300, but nice bulls. The two youngest, a couple of rag horns scuffled for the most part of the two hrs I was there. I took the pictures through my 9 power Steiner bino's. The camera is just a simple Olympus Stylus 720. I was surprised they came out so good.

P1010168.jpg

P1010166.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010164.jpg

I was up glassing some winer range in glacier park today, finally found a good bull, a real giant. I tried to get a descent pic through the spotter but just couldn't get it. Can you use just about any camera for that?

I was up glassing some winer range in glacier park today, finally found a good bull, a real giant. I tried to get a descent pic through the spotter but just couldn't get it. Can you use just about any camera for that?

No, the best cameras for digiscoping are ones with small lenses and low zooms. A 3-4X zoom camera is best.

Good looking elk, looks like they handled the winter nicely.
Sounds like you're a ways back in, think you'll be able to pick up their horns?

Good looking elk, looks like they handled the winter nicely.
Sounds like you're a ways back in, think you'll be able to pick up their horns?

With out a doubt, I'm the worst horn hunter in this Valley. I'll give it a try. They will move around a bit, and you never know about the x factor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back