Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

a Few pics w/ game camera this year

JB

Protector of Innocent Idiots
DSC_0437.jpg

SUNP0056-1.jpg

SUNP0054.jpg

SUNP0058.jpg

JB, what kind of camera are you using? have a moultrie, and it doesn't do the color photos at night. BTW, you better shoot that first one. nice looking rack there.

the first camera is a Remington I picked up at Walmart....$140.00

the others are cheap wildviews....work good on a scrape with its weak flash.

this is a Moultrie camera,,,,
notice the red fox, green clovers and yellow corn......even the fox thinks it's magically delicious
MDGC0025.jpg

nice coat on that fox already. look good next to the grey I have. need a coyote to finish the 4 legged critter collection.

Hard to question the efficacy of the 'ol sack to ground gravity feeder James.:D

...good pics. Wish my game cam was that good.;)

...good pics. Wish my game cam was that good.;)

:D I suspect operator error. the three position off/test/on switch can be tricky at times. and then there is the battery install process(pull hair out:mad:). ;) :D

...maybe you could 'sneak' into my huntin' grounds & fix it? Nah, don't bother, it'll soon be taking pics of fish.:eek:

dammit JB, you best get out there and shoot that deer. or I'm gonna come for a visit. looks like every bit of a 120-130 class deer.

TLC, take a closer look, two diff bucks.

one of those bucks might make 140's.

JB, looking at the wide one. guessing here: spread-24", mains-24", G3-8", G2-12", brows-6". 24,24,24,8,8,12,12,6,6=124? can't really see a good circumferance picture, so not adding that. and noticed the 2 different deer. the ones not as wide.

prolly should kill it before I measure it huh?;)

lump in the throat

SUNP0103.jpg

young buck with extra main beam
SUNP0030.jpg

You've got a couple of very nice bucks to choose from! However, I did note that all the pics appeared to be after dark, what's your plan Stan?

1 Pointer, maybe the best chance now during the chase rut. The Red eyed rut is about to kick in. And after the rut, IF it gets cold they will be on the move during the last hour of daylight looking for food.
Just glad I dont have any pictures of a true giant.....wouldnt be able to sleep.

Good luck!!! If/when I get back to whitetail country I will definitely be getting a few trailcams, they just look like too much fun.

My dad always had good luck the second week of Nov. bowhunting over a mock scrape that he would start about Halloween. 7 bucks in 7 years in a row on the last day of early archery season out of the same tree...

No wonder you make so many great kills JB...

That one has glowing eyes, can you see the glow in the daylight also... :D

Those are some great pics, got any more? :)

Russ, this one jumped in the back of the truck this afternoon.....didnt chip in on gas though.

YGP2473.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back