A few of my favorite things

Mica Man

The last few mornings here in North Idaho have been rewarding for me. After several long shifts at the hospital I finally had a run of days off. The weather has been perfect and the youth spring Turkey season opened on Wednesday. I live in an enchanted setting where I don't mind sheltering in place. After having the kids for the most part cooped up in the house it was time to get out in the woods and stretch our legs a bit. A ten to fifteen minute walk out the front door and we're into birds. This morning as well as Thursday and Friday morning we had success. Not just in harvesting some birds but the experiences learned and memories made with my kids. A first bird for my eight year old, the natural beauty of where I live, and some great shooting from my kids. More tags in our pockets and the season just getting started. I am a lucky man and am grateful for these opportunities. From the smiles on their faces you can see why these are a few of my favorite things.20200410_070305.jpg20200409_090211.jpg20200411_070037.jpg20200411_070443.jpg

Great job, Mica Man and family. The smiles on your kids says it all. Thanks for taking us along with pictures and best of luck in filling the rest of those tags.

It appears middle sister has the Tom bragging rights so far this year.

Congratulations I love family hunting success stories

Boy you are sure putting a thumping on the local birds. Great pics. Hard to fathom the foliage and green. I tracked a gobbler while skiing ten days ago...on three feet of snow.

As I was headed to work this morning my 16 yr old son and his older sister were headed out the door dressed in camo. He was going to be the caller with her behind the gun. The team work payed off as she got this nice strutting tom. One proud dad when I got home and heard their story!IMG-20200415-WA0000.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back