A couple more MT gobblers

PFUNK

Well my buddy and I were finally able to punch our turkey tags this weekend, connecting once on Saturday and again on Sunday. The hunting wasn't exactly easy as we were hunting a piece of public land that was bordered by private. There were a lot of birds willing to talk but calling them off of the private when they were already shacked up with hens was tough. He got his on Saturday after a tom on the public ground randomly let out a single gobble. He was pretty close when the tom gobbled so he set up but got no other responses so he packed up and started to sneak towards where he heard him. Came over a knob and spotted him at 40 yards and the rest is history, This morning we spotted another gobbler out strutting his stuff over a mile away on the private ground so I set out towards the boundary hoping some calling would coax him over as he was all by himself. As I got closer to him a second tom started up on the next ridge over. I could tell he was also close to the property line so I double timed it down into the draw and then climbed the other side. He was gobbling every 30 seconds to a minute so I let him guide me in and ended up shooting him at 28 yards. He was only 5 yards from safety so I had caught a break there. Would have been nice to have called them in but we were happy to take a couple turkeys any way we could. Here they are. Good luck everyone...

ryanturkey2012.jpg

turkey2012.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back