Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A Couple Archery Desert Muleys

i hunted south of tucson. I took a nice bow buck once within 1/4 mile of the mex border. I have seen lots of 175+ bucks down there, but the sparse cover is a bitch to stalk within bow range. I often seen the mexicans sneaking across the border down there too, pretty intersting place. The gila mosters are so cool, they have skin like the small tight beadwork of a womans purse. They are a poison lizard but dont move very fast, so to mess with them was pretty safe. I remeber the time i brought home this pretty ornery snake to show my dad and he looked it up in the reptile book to find out it was a copperhead!!!! He took it away and let it go.

HEY Few...... Fetchin AWSOME
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(I did see them before , just late on the reply.. but better late then never
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Hey Few, heres the one i shot on the mex border in 98, looks an awful lot like your buck! Got him with a 70yrd fling, hit him high in the back and he laid down and then he got one through the heart. A pic of the WT i got that same year both with the bow.
98bow%20kills.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-31-2002 09:12: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

Very Nice Bucks! I saw a story in a mag a couple months ago about 4 bucks that were taken along the border in 2001. I forget which unit but they have a muzzleloader season for mule deer in late december somewhere down south and the bucks were all taken during that hunt. They were all super nice bucks. Ive been saying I want to hunt down there for a couple years but when it comes down to it I always end up hunting my old areas that I already know... I was thinking about putting in for that muzzleloader hunt in 2003. Its one of the only hunts for mule deer during the rut, except archery...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-31-2002 09:33: Message edited by: FEW ]</font>

FEW,
Nice pics and great bucks!! Congrats! To take critters like that with a bow just makes ya feel good all over!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Shmalts,
Nice Bucks too! That's an awesome whitetail Anywhere!! Congrats to ya! Great pics too!

ElkhntinMD

I wish i had a digital camera back then.. those were scanned in. The Wt pics were in my backyard unfotunatly too, since i shot it in the evening and it was walking distance from my house i got the deer out that night and dragged him in the backyard for a little woodsy look the next AM. I had a guy comment about the little piece of fence in the background once, thought i was in some lame ass deer farm but its really my dog kennel. antler envy gets to some guys

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-09-2003 08:47: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

Mine were scanned in too maybe thats why they were a little blurry. I just figured out how to stop my host from shrinking my images and that helps some. I fixed the pics on this thread too. Still a little crappy but better than the tiny ones...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back