A bunch of Jerks

Well I was too in the middle of the Fire in San Diego. People could not breath for days (the whole city) And Alot more ppl and died then mentioned before and a hell of alot of houses burned down that were not even in the Woods. Houses burned down on the outside of the city folks. It is true they prob could not see well enough on sunday to use the government's help but they could have after that. The fires were so Bad that they announced that noone was to work that Monday and it was like Night time in the middle of the day. it was a tragedy no matter what anybody says. Just God bless those ppl and that is why that DUMB ASS gray Davis got the Damn Boot in the first place, He has No brains, No balls and deserves to sit around the house being a Has been!!!
eek.gif

The point was that not all available firefighting assetts were put into play because of bureaucratic BS and political turf worries. Its not about who lives where it was about whether human lives are more important than union contracts.

I agree with CH--Tuttle should go down

If they would have used the helicopters and C-130's when the fires were in the beginning stages, they damned sure would have made a difference. After they were full blown, no. But like it was said above, if all the resources were made available early on, homes, lives, and mucho dinero could have been saved!

homes, lives and money saved? Very unlikely, in my opinion, but even if that were true, it would have all burned down another day. Putting fires out is only postponing the inevitable.

When a "crisis" erupts you should throw every available resource at it! Do all that can be done to "stop" the problem, another case of bullshit red tape in a the "government" whether it would have worked or not, who knows ? would it have saved 1 life? 1 house? maybee, maybee not, but to sit on it and do nothing was/is crap!

there is a great risk to those helicopter pilots, probably more risk with that job than anything else. Why should they put those lives at risk when there is most likely nothing to be gained?

The pilots wanted to fly. Many of them had recently put out a fire on Camp Pendleton. They were/are expereinced firefighting pilots. The only reason they did not fly was bureacratic BS. Danger was not a factor in the delays. There is no debate that firefighting is dangerous.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Roberts told the San Diego Union that CFD officials told him, “Navy pilots had to be certified by the CDF and that the state had to verify the helicopters’ maintenance records before allowing them to fly.”
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sounds like safety concerns kept them on the ground. Better to be safe than sorry, eh?

Oak

So the California Department of Forestry knows more about flying and helicopter maintenance than the US Navy and Marine Corps? Somehow, that doesn't quite seem right. But that's just me, I guess.

Tell you guys a secret!! The maintenance standards on military aircraft are 200 to a thousand percent more stringent than on commercial aircraft. Fact from an old USAF Aircraft Maintenance Quality Control Weenie!!
biggrin.gif
As an example; you may take the tires from the bone pile of a KC-135 and put them on a commercial Boeing 707 and use them for about another 150 landings.
(And if you think the military is tough, you ought to check North Pole
Flying Sleigh Standard MaisntenanceOps!)
biggrin.gif

santa6a.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back