Caribou Gear Tarp

A bucket list hunt – My 2022 Colorado Mountain Goat (G16) experience

Great write up. Congrats! Fellow homeschool parent here, and thankfully my kids hunt with me as well. The older daughter squirms at the field dressing/quartering part, but my son (youngest) likes to ask about the different organs and muscles. Keep up the good work.

Fellow homeschool parent here, and thankfully my kids hunt with me as well.
My oldest daughter (14) loves to participate in the butchering/processing/eating but says Daddy I support you and your hobby but I could never shoot those cute things.
My youngest (12) is ready to take her hunter safety course this winter and give it a try next year (y). I'd love it if one of them picks up dads favorite hobby!!!

My oldest daughter (14) loves to participate in the butchering/processing/eating but says Daddy I support you and your hobby but I could never shoot those cute things.
My youngest (12) is ready to take her hunter safety course this winter and give it a try next year (y). I'd love it if one of them picks up dads favorite hobby!!!
Full disclosure:
-12yo daughter was on a draw hunt weekend before last and hit a doe that we could not recover. She is shaken up pretty bad and says that she may not hunt anymore (which makes me sad), but I’m giving her time and space to work through it. She still loves the meat and supports the rest of the family’s hunting, but she sounds like she’s starting to think like your 14yo
-16yo daughter killed a doe last weekend after missing one. Knowing her, she’s done for the year
-7yo son is going out with me in 10 days to try to get his second deer

All of them are very different. I try not to push them, and I let them know that I will be proud of them and spend time outdoors with them even if they don’t hunt.

I'm with Khunter just saw this too.....been busy filling tags and helping others fill their's. CONGRATS! Great to meet you at the Meet and Greet hope to see you at the next one to help out others next year. Sandbrew

Last edited:
I guess it’s time to redesign the home office to fit my new office mate that I picked up this past weekend.

IMG_6644.jpeg
His temporary home for now…

Super happy with how everything turned out. Almost a perfect image of what he looked like in my scope before the shot!

Ohh the daily flood of memories and day dreaming having this guy in my office…

IMG_6626.jpegIMG_6628.jpeg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back