A Big Whitetails Life

iminrut

The Big 8 that I have been documenting for the past year, and hope to do more of this coming year....and hopefully completed with a happy ending (for me) this next fall :grin:

This is a pic of him just days before he shed 2/25/05
173904x4_days_before_shedding-med.JPG

Here he is probably within a day of shedding 3/2/05
173904x4_after_shedding-med.JPG

Here is his shed I found this wednesday.....68"
17390100_0409-med.JPG

And here is a series of pics that I pasted together.....a pic from him in velvet in July-2004.....a pic from him in February-2005.....and a pic of his 2004 shed (62" left side) and his 2005 shed that I just found(68" right side).......
173904x4_Buck-2_pics-med.JPG

Thanks Nut.......I must have close to 20 trail cam pics of him as the year (and his rack) progressed, first one was last May........it would be great to be able to find this years mayched shed, and also get another full year of him on film.......and then be able to take him with bow.......

But heck, right now I got the next best thing....his pics and his sheds....

The give-a-way on this deers pics, is that little 2" kicker of his right main beam......and the fact that in nearly every picture, he seems to have a lazy-eyed look.......like he's half asleep...there's a couple other telltails, but they're not evident in everyone of his pics, like these two "tells".... :)

iminrut, Awesome pics. Thanks. Don't know if you mentioned it previously, but have you had any close encounters with him during the first half of bow season? orrr before he heads out looking for does? Is he around your "camera home range" during the rut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back