A BC Stone's sheep story

OntarioHunter

Thanks! What does the ministry do about the oops rams that were taken this year? I presume they are confiscated. A healthy fine too? Guess that's funding for the program.

Rackmastr

Thanks! What does the ministry do about the oops rams that were taken this year? I presume they are confiscated. A healthy fine too? Guess that's funding for the program.

They are confiscated. In the past I've seen horns used for fundraising purposes like being turned into knives, etc and then put back into sheep conservation funds.

Not sure about the fines or what they do for those. I know they want to promote self reporting, but since all sheep need to be reported anyways it likely is a balancing act with enforcement/compliance. This year there was a high number, both from experienced guides as well as residents.

jabber

Great story and beautiful pictures. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

timberman56

wow, what a hunt. congrats.. I also have a Model 7 in 7 SAUM and love it; got some Hammers I'm planning to use this year

neffa3

Holy smokes that's a great write up, story, adventure, and ram. Congrats!

Would someone please markup the Horns to show me the age? I'm terrible at this, I got anywhere between 7 and 10 depending on how I squinted my eyes.

Pmacc60

Great stuff, thank you for taking the time to share your hunt and hardy congratulations to you ! Completely impressed with all your effort.

sneakypete

Congrats on a beautiful dark chocolate Stone ram! What aGreat adventure and thank you for sharing it with us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coker737