NEW SITKA Ambient 75

9/11 Commission report.

Tom

Its only $10, but I got a discount at Univ. of Oregon bookstore on monday. Its 567 pages, but the appendix and notes start on page 429.

Its a great report, it goes through a lot, including the history of the Al Queda and bin Laden's declaration of war on us in 1998.

May 7, 1998 in a London Arab newspaper, Al Quds al Arabi, repeated the Feb. "fatwa", i.e. its the duty of Muslims to carry out holy war against the enemies of Islam. Two weeks later, bin Laden videotaped an ABC News interview where he repeated this and added that "we do not differentiate between those dressed in military uniforms and civilians; they are all targets in this "fatwa". He also said, if the instigation for jihad against the Jews and Americans to liberate the holy places "is considered a crime" then "let history be a witness that I am a criminal."

Its a very well written report so far, and very impressively complete, but I"ve only gone through 90 pages so far. Minute by minute, what happened in the planes, outside the planes, the history of it and the evolution of counterterrorism.

The last two chapters, 12 and 13, are on what to do now globally and how to do it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back