Yeti GOBOX Collection

8 Days in the Big Sky

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Great read, thanks for sharing. Sounds like an outstanding hunt and a great perspective.

For all of those hunters that think about going elk hunting, don't put it off. You aren't getting any younger and failure doesn't necessarily equate to a bad trip. For all of you that do hunt elk, count your blessings and appreciate each trip for what it is.

Solid writing JLS...enjoyed the account.

I really enjoyed that JLS. We really do have it damn good, don't we? Thanks, mtmuley

I really enjoyed that JLS. We really do have it damn good, don't we? Thanks, mtmuley

Yep. Even though my going price of admission came out to $125 per day, it was worth it.

I'll be back in November with the Model 70.:)

Very nice. Bow hunting elk is dang tough. They win most of the time so it is key to enjoy the time you spend chasing them. Felt like I was along for the ride and enjoyed the highs and lows....and laughs. HEY MOOSE! Haha. BTW...cant believe you shit your pants. No wonder the elk winded you? Just kidding. That part made me laugh out loud. Hope it all comes together for you in november. I too, have a wife that allows me to take to the field in the fall. We are dang lucky. Best of luck.
Steve

Yep. Even though my going price of admission came out to $125 per day, it was worth it.

I'll be back in November with the Model 70.:)

Great recap of your bowhunt JLS. I can't wait to hear the follow up Model 70 account. Kevin.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this write up. And I really appreciate how you ended it. Thanks for taking the time.

Outstanding!!
Great read and pictures.
I find very few friends and family (that don't elk hunt) that understand a successful trip without meat.
We are truly blessed to be able to experience the amazing elk woods.
Thanks for sharing this.

A 10 for sure, thanks for the write-up. Solely based on my google earth scouting, I'd like to think I'll be looking at some of those same mountains come November, or at least some similar. If you see a white ford truck with AZ plates, stop by and say hello.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back