Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

7mm PRC released

I enjoy seeing new cartridges come to the market. The only "new" cartridge line up I ever jumped on was the .300 WSM. Had I not sold my 300 WM I would have never bought it. I just purchased a new rifle and was kicking around the 6.5 PRC. I looked at the ammo and component availability and it just wasn't out there. I also found the rifle in 28 Nosler which I have looked at many times in the past but again look at the price and availability of brass....OUCH!!! So I went with a 7 Rem Mag. I have plenty of brass for it, the dies, and bullets to play with. That is the biggest issue for me on the latest and greatest cartridges. Will they do it better than the older ones? Possibly but am I good enough to tell the difference....I doubt it. Plus with bullet development with these new rounds it can benefit the existing rounds we already have.

just the heavier ones! I'll still be able to find the 120 TTSX I run on
Just started shooting these. My 7mm-08 really likes these bullets. I bought them initially to develop some reduced recoil loads for my son. He shot his deer and they performed perfectly. I will be using them for deer moving forward as well.

Just started shooting these. My 7mm-08 really likes these bullets. I bought them initially to develop some reduced recoil loads for my son. He shot his deer and they performed perfectly. I will be using them for deer moving forward as well.
They shoot 1/2 MOA groups pretty fast in my 280AI

They shoot 1/2 MOA groups pretty fast in my 280AI
I got about .75 moa with the reduced loads. I would bet, that increasing the velocity would probably shrink it down a touch more. My rifle shoots Hornady 139 gr SST at .67. I bet I could get that from the ttsx if not better.

Back