Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

7mm PRC released

Like it has eyes. Tikka mags are very forgiving. Using long action mags for my 6.5 prc and the 7mm prc is just a lengthened 6.5 prc case so should be good to go.

Nice. Might be next once the 7 saum barrel is toast. Still not thrilled with HCA or MT long action wsm mags with all ammo. The MT one just doesn’t seat high enough and the HCA ones work with 175/180 class bullets but 145 CEB lazers nosedive coming out of the mag..

I'm a fairly big proponent of light, fast now, but the industry loves its high BC, long, sexy projectiles. I don't see this being a miss like 6.8 western was.

I'm with you, though. I'd be all over this if it was made with 140-160s in mind.
I may still be all over it because of the 160gr CX they designed for it.
Seeing pictures of the 6.5, 7mm, and 300 PRC together there is a difference in case size for each.
Had they used the 300 PRC case, there may be something there.

So, the question would then be, is there actually more case volume than a 284 Win?

I'll stick with building a 7mm LRM.

Seeing pictures of the 6.5, 7mm, and 300 PRC together there is a difference in case size for each.

So, the question would then be, is there actually more case volume than a 284 Win?

I may be remembering this wrong, but your 7 LRM is a 300 PRC case necked down, but without the extra throat in the chamber of the .300, and on a long action instead of a mag length action.

It's about the same capacity as a 7 RM or 7 WSM, which IMO is a sweet spot to be. A 7mm-300 PRC is basically nocking on the door of 28 nosler capacity.

Can push a heavy bullet plenty fast without being crazy overbore while not producing 300 mag level recoil like a 28 nosler. Can feed out of standard long actions (even tikkas) without needing long mags. Best PRC design yet IMO.

Last edited:
I may be remembering this wrong, but your 7 LRM is a 300 PRC case necked down, but without the extra throat in the chamber of the .300, and on a long action instead of a mag length action.
The 7mm LRM is just the 375 Ruger parent case necked down with no other changes.

In grains of water (fired case)
28 Nosler ~ 102 gr
7 LRM ~88 gr
7 Rem Mag ~ 85 gr
7 PRC ~ 83 gr
7 WSM ~ 83 gr
7 Sherman Max ~ 75 gr
7 SAUM ~ 72 gr
284 win ~ 66 gr
I'm not a 7mm Remington guy but have friends that are. Doubt they move. mtmuley

I already did.
I guess myself and the hunters I am familiar with are too invested in other cartridges to see an infinitesimal gain by moving to a new rifle, dies, load development. Can't see an advantage. Especially in my case. mtmuley

I guess myself and the hunters I am familiar with are too invested in other cartridges to see an infinitesimal gain by moving to a new rifle, dies, load development. Can't see an advantage. Especially in my case. mtmuley
I think that makes sense. That's a 243 for me. Thought about switching to a 6mm creedmoor. Too much extra work.

I built a 7 Sherman max a couple years ago. Its basically the same thing, performance wise as a 7 prc, or close enough. It'll be nice to have factory support with a 7 prc. I see the value in that now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back