7 friends+ 5 dogs= 24 racked and stacked geese

montanadogs

So I took off Friday morning at 0430 to meet up with my cousin and 5 other friends. I haven't hunted with them in a few years. Long story short we didn't even get a shot off. No ducks. We quit about 11 and went to find them. No ducks but we did find a field full of honkers. Got our limit that night and found some others just before dark. We had our spot; got permission, and set up this morning. We did quite well for 3 hours of shooting and a lot of missed geese. 24 honkers, hundreds of thousands of missed snows( road hunters just sat in the ditch and shot at them they were to high and got higher as they came towards us, but managed to get a loner, and two mallards. (small side note. The snows are starting to really stack up here in Northern Montana.)

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
That's a pile of birds, and an interesting mix. Congrats on some good shooting.

looks like a fun couple of days. Thats one heck of a hunting expedition for some birds.

Man, the geese are sure everywhere!!!! Went out this evening and hunted a field that held about 2 dozen geese in it this morning. 1st flock I had my limit of darks. I dropped 2 in my 1st volly, they swung around again and I dropped 2 more. What an afternoon...... can't wait to the ducks show up.

Back