680-30 Ewe Hunt

Elkwhisper

Guys,

The wife decide this year she wanted to give hunting sheep a try, and thought it would be fun to get things started with a ewe hunt before jumping in line for a ram tag for the rest of her days.

She was lucky enough to draw a 680-30 ewe tag and we are going to make our first trip up there this weekend. I hunted the breaks a few times in high school, and even worked on the CMR summers during college, but haven't been back up there for almost 15 years.

We are taking our camper and going to make a weekend out of it..... My daughter just turned 12 and if we can find a buck Friday night she just might get to take advantage of the youth deer season as well.

Although I have some pretty good ideas, as to where to start, I thought I would reach out on here to see if anyone has some more current info they wouldn't mind sharing. Thought maybe some archery elk hunters might be able to point us in the right direction. I am never afraid to hit the ground and figure things out for myself, but would like to make this as positive of an experience for my wife and daughter as possible.

Feel free to PM me if you would rather not share publicly.

At any rate, it should be a good time and will be sure to share pics and stories when we get back.

Thanks!

Guys,
thought it would be fun to get things started with a ewe hunt before jumping in line for a ram tag for the rest of her days.

I wish I would have done that before getting in line for the points. Smart plan.

I wish I had info to share w/ you Elkwhisper. I've never hunted that unit.

As a matter of fact, we'll be just south of you in 482 doing the same thing (ewe hunting). Keep us posted as to how you do. I'll be interested in hearing about your hunt.

Good luck!

I wish I had info to share w/ you Elkwhisper. I've never hunted that unit.

As a matter of fact, we'll be just south of you in 482 doing the same thing (ewe hunting). Keep us posted as to how you do. I'll be interested in hearing about your hunt.

Good luck!

When you headin up Bugle? We will be up there lookin for a ram, look us up might have some info for you.. brown ford ranger extra cab..

Heading up either Friday evening late, or early Saturday morning. I'll be looking for ya. I'll be in a dark green F250 diesel extra can (RMEF plates). Hope to meet you guys up there.

The Breaks were kind to my son this weekend...not without a lot of hard work though. Thank you to those of you who sent me PM's regarding our hunt...they were all GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• Trey_Sheep_2015_OYOA_submittal.jpg
    Trey_Sheep_2015_OYOA_submittal.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 368
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back