Caribou Gear

59 Days and a Wake Up

Congrats on the retirement. Hunting is a great way to kick it off

Last edited:
Congrats on retirement! Looking forward to the antelope hunt write-up

Six months for me here brother. We just finalized our house build with the builder in Wyoming yesterday. Getting pretty darned excited! Two pronghorn tags and a buck deer tag for WY this fall to boot! Congratulations on your retirement!

Six months for me here brother. We just finalized our house build with the builder in Wyoming yesterday. Getting pretty darned excited! Two pronghorn tags and a buck deer tag for WY this fall to boot! Congratulations on your retirement!
Love it in Wyoming. No income tax, yet anyhow.

Might have to make contact sometime for fishing and other hunts.

I did the "retire to WY" thing backwards I guess. I moved here a bit over a year ago, but retire in May 2021. Telework for now!

Its a great place for outdoor stuff: hunting, fishing, hiking, golfing, can't wait to retire and have more time!

Now 58 days and a wakeup then I hit the field for antelope. Nice to have so many opportunities close to home. None of that existed when I lived in Colorado and had to drive 2-3 hours for any kind of hunting.

When I retired in 2014 there were times afterwards when I just felt like I was supposed to be doing something. :unsure: It took a while to get over it.
Luckily that was in June and I had a Sept. elk hunt to help my brother with.
When I was trying to figure how long to stay there my wife said " you're retired now so stay as long as you need". :love:

WyDoug,

Congrats to you. I hope you have a long, healthy, enjoyable retirement.

Congrats on your retirement Doug. I pulled the plug 3 years ago at 66 years & spent the week camped at Shoshoni, Wy hunting lopes in antelope unit 75.
This year starting out south of Casper in 32.
50 days till season and counting.
I hope to get a day or two of scouting in before the opener.
Best of luck on your first retirement hunt and many more to come.
Randy L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back